Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Waiver I 601 for K1 Fiance Visa- Need your help

Hello,

My fiance and I met in Spain 2 years ago during the summer. I flew once to the USA visiting her with an ESTA and she came to France twice during this year.

Now we are processing the K-1 Fiance Visa to get married and live with each other. The Visa was approved in February and I had my medical examination/interview last week. At the medical examination the doctor asked me if I had troubles with any drugs, I replied yes I got arrested in 2011 for 1 grams of **** : fingerprints, pictures etc... She wrote that in the paper and told me she's not going to do any blood test because she think I'm not using weed anymore.

The day after I went to the interview with a lot of energy, everything went well with the immigration officer, in fact she really liked ou story. At the end she asked me more details about my arrest, she came back with a paper and now I have to fil the Waiver I-601.

I don't have any police record, I payed 250 euros and went two days in a drug stage with police officers, doctors and psychologists. Also it was my only conviction.

Few questions I have to ask :

- On the DS-160 we didn't say Yes where they ask if I was arrested, we really thought without police record and rehabilitation it was suffisant.
    Can it be a misrepresentation/fraud against the law even if at the interview I was eligible to fil the I-601 ?

- These cases can be denied by the USCIS ?

We are a little afraid my fiance and I about the ending of that story, we are young and honest people.

Thank you for reading.

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X