No announcement yet.

Minor travelling on New / Old Passport without OCI Reissue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

production of foreign passport containing the ‘U’ visa sticker not mandatory

As per Q 20 of, you don't need to get visa sticker on new passport. I am copying the section below for your reference

Q - Whether the ‘U’ Visa sticker will be pasted on the passport?
    Answer - No. Instructions have been issued on 29th January, 2015 to all Indian Missions/ Posts, FRROs etc. conveying the decision to dispense with the ‘U’ (Universal) visa sticker on the foreign passport of OCI card holders with immediate effect. It has been advised that immigration authorities in ICPs should not insist on production of foreign passport containing the ‘U’ visa sticker in the case of OCI cardholders while they enter/ exit India.

Comment

Travelling to india with OCI card + old passport + new passport

I am in the same boat and will be traveling in Dec 2016. I have OCI card that was issued in Dec 2015 against my sons old passport. At that time they had even stopped putting the U-Visa on the passport. So I will be traveling with the OCI card + old passport against which the OCI card was issued and his new passport. I sent an email to Houston embassy asking about whether I could do that or not--here is the official response from the Embassy. Hope this sheds some light into this confusing topic.

--------------
      Dear Applicant, Kindly refer to your email.

Yes, you can travel with old passport, new passport and OCI card. Once you return please apply for OCI reissue under OCI Miscellaneous services.

Sincerely,

Consulate General of India

Houston.
      ---------------

Comment

I m travelling to India in Dec 2016 with my 2 kids aged 10 and 6. Just renewe their passports now I am worried as there is not enough time to reapply for oci cards? Please advice shall I take the risk and go with old oci cards

Comment

Originally posted by Inderpreet Golhar View Post
          I m travelling to India in Dec 2016 with my 2 kids aged 10 and 6. Just renewe their passports now I am worried as there is not enough time to reapply for oci cards? Please advice shall I take the risk and go with old oci cards
          Yes you can

Comment

This is from "OCI REGISTRATION - LIFELONG VISA FOR INDIA"...

Originally posted by Jack Sack View Post
            Hi
            My family will be traveling to India in about a month. We all have OCI cards, however my kids passports were renewed last year. Since we don't have time to apply for reissue of OCI based on the new passport I was going to apply for Entry Visa for my kids.

I wanted to check if anyone has any recent experience entering India, with minors travelling with Old & New passport and their OCI card.

Thanks
            Vik
            "Update:
            Transfer of OCI Visa to New Passport is not required as of January 29, 2015. OCI holders will no longer be required to get their lifelong OCI ‘U’ visa transfered to a new passport when their old passport expires. In a letter dated January 29, 2015 sent to all Indian missions abroad and the FRROs in India, the Ministry of Home Affairs (Foreigners division) has advised that the mandatory requirement for OCI holders to carry their passport showing the OCI “U” visa when entering or leaving India has been dispensed with. The OCI registration booklet will be required to show their OCI status.

Comment

Originally posted by DesiNRI View Post
              "Update:
              Transfer of OCI Visa to New Passport is not required as of January 29, 2015. OCI holders will no longer be required to get their lifelong OCI ‘U’ visa transfered to a new passport when their old passport expires. In a letter dated January 29, 2015 sent to all Indian missions abroad and the FRROs in India, the Ministry of Home Affairs (Foreigners division) has advised that the mandatory requirement for OCI holders to carry their passport showing the OCI “U” visa when entering or leaving India has been dispensed with. The OCI registration booklet will be required to show their OCI status.
              Actually, for any time issued OCI, in cause of expired passport endorsed to OCI booklet never mandatory to renew the OCI, unless has information changes such as name, appearance, and address.

Comment

Where does it say that?

Originally posted by proonindiandoc View Post
                Actually, for any time issued OCI, in cause of expired passport endorsed to OCI booklet never mandatory to renew the OCI, unless has information changes such as name, appearance, and address.
                Please provide the source of this information (URL, document on-line, etc) where it reads exactly this or something to the same effect - particularly the words "never mandatory". Also, "appearance change" is a subjective thing. Who will decide if appearance has changed? Appearance changes every year to some extent, so to what degree a change in appearance is considered mandatory for OCI renewal?
                Last edited by ProNRI; 12-14-2016, 08:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ProNRI View Post
                  Please provide the source of this information (URL, document on-line, etc) where it reads exactly this or something to the same effect - particularly the words "never mandatory". Also, "appearance change" is a subjective thing. Who will decide if appearance has changed? Appearance changes every year to some extent, so to what degree a change in appearance is considered mandatory for OCI renewal?
                  I don't do references, believe or not up to you, have time and efforts go ahead, I received nth from here. I am sharing from my many years experiences, and telling what is the fact. regard to change of appearance, of course if the OCI was issued 10 years ago, the picture was baby's face, you better to renew it with update photo, can you understand by giving this example?

Comment

Baby = Age?

I don't do references, believe or not up to you, have time and efforts go ahead, I received nth from here. I am sharing from my many years experiences, and telling what is the fact. regard to change of appearance, of course if the OCI was issued 10 years ago, the picture was baby's face, you better to renew it with update photo, can you understand by giving this example?
                    Baby's face meaning under 1 years old, under 2 years old?

Also, correct grammar would make you sound like a professional.
                    Last edited by ProNRI; 12-15-2016, 11:22 PM.

Comment

Baby's face meaning under 1 years old, under 2 years old?

Also, correct grammar would make you sound like a professional.
                      Baby's face meaning under 1 years old, under 2 years old? you tell me. it is pointless, you pay me consultation, I wil tell you what is baby's face looks like, and my professional.

Comment

How much are your fees?

Baby's face meaning under 1 years old, under 2 years old? you tell me. it is pointless, you pay me consultation, I wil tell you what is baby's face looks like, and my professional.
                        Your professional what?

How much are your fees? Are you an Immihelp employee or are you using this forum to draw business?

Comment

Your professional what?

How much are your fees? Are you an Immihelp employee or are you using this forum to draw business?
                          I am a professional visa consultant, I do charge people for visas, but I am not promoting my business over here. I am here to help people here with misled information, I will not gonna spend too much time and give out too much information. Instead, I am just telling you yes or no just listen and follow because I am not providing service here but free consultation. so people please do not ask me for a link or what for the approvals, there are many things I am telling you from correct information paid by painful mistakes. I believe many people submitting their documents to CKGS by following the requirement listed on the official site, what is the result? many of them rejected. so for the Indian visas, oci information from official website are not reliable. Here I am just providing humankind free service for minor issues

Comment

OCI for minors with renewal passport

My daughter who is under 2, & she has been traveling to India with her old British passport and OCI card for past three years. So far there has been no issues with it.

It is hard for parents to go back and renew a life long VISA all the time. Perhaps after 21 children can get it renewed on their own, if they still fancy visiting our home land.

Her OCI was issued 10 years ago I guess.

Also I was told by Kochi immigration that I don't need to carry old passport with U sticker anymore. New passport with OCI card is enough. which very handy.

Hope this is helpful

Comment

OCI for minors with renewal passport

My daughter who is under 21, & she has been traveling to India with her old British passport and OCI card for past three years. So far there has been no issues with it.

It is hard for parents to go back and renew a life long VISA all the time. Perhaps after 21 children can get it renewed on their own, if they still fancy visiting our home land.

Also I was told by Kochi immigration that I don't need to carry old passport with U sticker anymore. New passport with OCI card is enough. which very handy.

Hope this is helpful

Comment

My very recent personal experience will help.

Originally posted by Doczak View Post
                                My daughter who is under 21, & she has been traveling to India with her old British passport and OCI card for past three years. So far there has been no issues with it.

Hope this is helpful
                                On December 24, 2016 my wife and I, along with our two children (both children have their renewed US passports, and old (original) OCI cards that we never got reissued/renewed), landed at the Ahmedabad international airport. To my pleasant surprise, we had absolutely no trouble passing through the immigration process despite defying the OCI reissue rule outright! So much so, that the immigration officers did not even ask for my children's old passports that have the U Visa stickers on them - let alone any question on why we did not get the children's OCI cards reissued after when the US passports were renewed! All we had to present was our current passports and original OCI cards!

What does this tell me! This tells me that the OCI reissue requirement posted on the Indian consulate websites and CKGS website is absolutely bogus and meaningless when it comes to its execution at the immigration check points at the international airports in India. I think that nobody at the immigration check points even know about it or care about it.

However, before they start imposing this requirement at the immigration check points at Indian international airports, they should better have made the OCI reissue process absolutely simple, reliable and quick.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X