Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Marriage Certificate for OCI application for minor

Hello There,

I was wondering whether someone could point me in the right direction.

I am applying for OCI card for two of my daughters ( two individual applications). I have all documents they mentioned in the VFS website ready except my original marriage certificate. I have their original birth certificate and copies of my marriage certificate. Would that be sufficient? Or would they reject their applications because a original marriage certificate is not submitted.

Even though I had my original marriage certificate, how would I submit it to two separate applications (for both daughters) at same time?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Comment

Originally posted by Bluesafe View Post
      Even though I had my original marriage certificate, how would I submit it to two separate applications (for both daughters) at same time?
      If I were you, I wouldn't submit the original Marriage Certificate, but I would send the copy with each appln. If not sure, you can call the phone number listed for your CKGS application center to confirm this.
      Application Center: CKGS NY
      OCI
      Feb 3, 2017 -Application Received & Verification Complete
      Feb 6 -'Under Process' at CKGS
      Feb 7 -In-Transit & Under Process at Consulate
      Feb 8 -Govt of India: Date Of Acknowledgment
      -Documents Printing Status: UNDER-PROCESS

RENUNCIATION
      Feb 3,2017 -Application Received & Verification Complete
      Feb 6 -'Under Process' at CKGS
      Feb 7 -In-Transit & Under Process at Consulate
      Feb 8 -'Reviewed' by Consulate and ‘In Transit’ to CKGS

Comment

5 year old's passport renewal

My 5-year old child (U.S. Citizen) will be traveling to Mumbai from SFO in May. His passport expires in June, so we will be renewing it prior to the trip.
        We may not have enough time to have the OCI re-issued on the new passport. Can someone who recently travelled to Mumbai with similar situation comment if they were hassled?

Comment

Originally posted by walletless View Post
          My 5-year old child (U.S. Citizen) will be traveling to Mumbai from SFO in May. His passport expires in June, so we will be renewing it prior to the trip.
          We may not have enough time to have the OCI re-issued on the new passport. Can someone who recently travelled to Mumbai with similar situation comment if they were hassled?
          We are in the same situation and found the following link. It says we don't need to renew or reissue the OCI.

Transfer of OCI Visa to New Passport is not required as of January 29, 2015. OCI holders will no longer be required to get their lifelong OCI ‘U’ visa transfered to a new passport when their old passport expires. In a letter dated January 29, 2015 sent to all Indian missions abroad and the FRROs in India, the Ministry of Home Affairs (Foreigners division) has advised that the mandatory requirement for OCI holders to carry their passport showing the OCI “U” visa when entering or leaving India has been dispensed with. The OCI registration booklet will be required to show their OCI status.To view copy of letter Click Here

Comment

Hi, I am travelling to New Delhi with my 11 year old next month, she has renewed passport but U Visa sticker hasn't been transferred on it. After looking at your question I wanted to ask you if you had any issues with Indian immigration for travelling on renewed passport with no U Visa sticker? Many thanks

Comment

Consulate General of India is not giving U visa anymore. Only requirement is to apply for new OCI card with new passport until the person is 20 year old. However you can travel with old passport on which OCI card was based upon along with OCI card and new passport.

Comment

Many thanks 🙏

Originally posted by visak View Post
                Consulate General of India is not giving U visa anymore. Only requirement is to apply for new OCI card with new passport until the person is 20 year old. However you can travel with old passport on which OCI card was based upon along with OCI card and new passport.
                Many thanks 🙏

Comment

One more question, in case I get the visitor/entry visa on my minor daughter's new passport, do you know if that will invalidate the OCI card that she received with U sticker on her old passport. Many thanks

Comment

Can you please share actual experience

Originally posted by harpreetnz View Post
                    Many thanks 🙏

Hi, I am in the same boat and have to trvel due to a family emergency. Can you please share your experience at Indian immigration. Did you face any issue at all? I have just renewed my 10 year old's passport and applied for OCI renewal but not going to get it in time..

Thanks,
                    Shantanu

Comment

Originally posted by shantanu125 View Post
                      Hi, I am in the same boat and have to trvel due to a family emergency. Can you please share your experience at Indian immigration. Did you face any issue at all? I have just renewed my 10 year old's passport and applied for OCI renewal but not going to get it in time..

Thanks,
                      Shantanu
                      Hi, Old OCI card was accepted without any issues. Immigration officer at New Delhi airport didn't ask for her old passport or anything. You will be fine.

Comment

New oci card for child

I renewed my son's OCI card this month, but it doesn't state 'LIFE TIME VISA' as it's the norm with new OCI cards. Is this an error or have they stopped mentioning that on the new OCI cards?

Thanks,

SG

Comment

Originally posted by Jack Sack View Post
                          Hi
                          My family will be traveling to India in about a month. We all have OCI cards, however my kids passports were renewed last year. Since we don't have time to apply for reissue of OCI based on the new passport I was going to apply for Entry Visa for my kids.

I wanted to check if anyone has any recent experience entering India, with minors travelling with Old & New passport and their OCI card.

Thanks
                          Vik
                          Can you please update if you were allowed entry to India without hassle? My son 16 years has got his passport renewed but we dont have enough time to get OCI reissued. He is travelling next month.

Comment

Originally posted by Sprasad View Post
                            Can you please update if you were allowed entry to India without hassle? My son 16 years has got his passport renewed but we dont have enough time to get OCI reissued. He is travelling next month.
                            No need to get it reissued any more. You should be good.

Comment

re issuance of OCI after 50

I am planning to travel to India end of this year. My OCI was issued when I was 43 now I am 51. Do I need to mandatory renew my OCI or I can travel with the old passport with U-visa sticker , OCI card and current passport. By the way I did travel in December 2013 with my old passport with 'U" visa sticker and the OCI booklet along with my current passport. I had no issues may be so I was still under 50. But I live quite a bit away from the nearest BLS center. I do not want to go thru the renewal hassle it is the same as applying for a new one all over. So any inputs would be appreciated ?

Comment

Originally posted by charliep40 View Post
                                I am planning to travel to India end of this year. My OCI was issued when I was 43 now I am 51. Do I need to mandatory renew my OCI or I can travel with the old passport with U-visa sticker , OCI card and current passport. By the way I did travel in December 2013 with my old passport with 'U" visa sticker and the OCI booklet along with my current passport. I had no issues may be so I was still under 50. But I live quite a bit away from the nearest BLS center. I do not want to go thru the renewal hassle it is the same as applying for a new one all over. So any inputs would be appreciated ?
                                Reissue is not needed for any one.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X