Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Citizenship n400 form and M-497

Need Advise;
    I am applying for my citizenship, and in the form under Part 12, questions 23 and 24
    23. "Have you EVER been arrested, cited, or detained by any law enforcement officer (including any immigration official or any official of the U.S. armed forces) for any reason?" For this in December I was detained at US border while returning from CANADA for about 20 minutes likely secondary to RCN(Red corner notice) issued by Indian Government against the 498A. US Border Patrol, detained me looked into some records and then asked me about the case(by then it was dismissed). They returned my GC and Passport and let me go. MY QUESTION WHAT SHOULD I FILL FOR THIS. IF YOU LOOK INTO FORM, M-497 it specifies-"If you have ever been arrested or detained by any law enforcement officer for any reason, and charges were filed, send: An original or court-certified copy of the complete arrest record and disposition for each incident (dismissal order, conviction record or acquittal order). HOW to get the records, did anyone had same issue like me?

24. "Have you EVER been charged with committing, attempting to commit, or assisting in committing a crime or offense?"In my case my x-wife filed 498A against me and family. And recently the case was dismissed in India. : SO WHAT SHOULD I FILL IN THIS COLUMN.

Please answer

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X