No announcement yet.

Urgent Help needed- Automatic visa revalidation / F1 visa stamping after COS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Urgent Help needed- Automatic visa revalidation / F1 visa stamping after COS

Hello All,

I came to USA on H4 visa stamped on my passport ( from India) in 2013 . Then , I applied for H1 while I was in USA in 2014 . My H1 got approved and I have the H1 approval notice which is valid till 09/06/2017.
    So, my H4 visa is expired now (which is the only visa stamped on my passport).

I started my college in January 2016 so I applied for Change of Status in December 2015 after receiving my I20 from H1 to F1 . I received the F1 approval notice in February 2016.

I have been in USA the whole time and never left the country .

Now, I have to go to Canada in May for 2 weeks. So, I have the below questions:

1. Am i eligible for Automatic Visa Revalidation ? (The only visa stamped on my passport is H4 which is expired but I have H1 and F1 approval notices too)

2. If I am not elgible for AVR, I will have to get stamping done . The nearest embassy to me will be Calgary. Can you please let me know , what all documents will be required and what are the approx timelines for the entire process. Since I am travelling for 2 weeks, will I be able to get my stamped passport in 2 weeks.

3. Also, am I eligible for Interview waiver if I have completed one semester in college.

Really appreciate for help.

Thanks

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X