OCI - Re-Issue unnecessarily over complicated

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OCI - Re-Issue unnecessarily over complicated

For issuing OCI for the first time asking for all docs + notary seems more than reasonable. But it is still ok as we should be done once and be good. But why do we need all the documents again for re-issue?.

Why Original OCI card + Original and old passport should be good enough to re-issue?.

It seems Indian govt, is just hell bent on making every procedure super tricky and difficult.

After looking thru the process I just gave up and decided to apply for a Visa instead for my kids.
    'Anger' is too simple a word to describe what I feel reading thru the requirements....
    V

Comment

Groundhog Day?

I could not get an OCI when I applied a few years back. Now I have its poor cousin the PIO, which may have to be converted to an OCI...

Comment

Originally posted by Jack Sack View Post
        After looking thru the process I just gave up and decided to apply for a Visa instead for my kids.
        'Anger' is too simple a word to describe what I feel reading thru the requirements....
        V
        i am offering the help

Comment

Do they really understand that Notary only attest your signature and not the document

Notary public can only confirm your signature and not attest that it is a true copy. NY Consulate used to accept self attestation in January 16 (I got my renunciation certificate then). Now, I am trying to get OCI reissued for my daughter (new passport) and the requirement of 10 or so documents to be notarized is going to add $30 to my cost. It is so stupid of the Indian government.

Comment

Ridiculous

I agree that the process brings back bitter memories of archaic "Red Tape" in India. I uploaded my documents to the Govt. of India website via CKGS and it **** *ally disappeared. CKGS is telling me to file a new application, but it looks like it will be a mess with two applications in the system. Looks like Tourist Visa is the way to go.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick757 View Post
              I agree that the process brings back bitter memories of archaic "Red Tape" in India. I uploaded my documents to the Govt. of India website via CKGS and it **** *ally disappeared. CKGS is telling me to file a new application, but it looks like it will be a mess with two applications in the system. Looks like Tourist Visa is the way to go.

File complaints to D.C Indian Embassy. whole mess made by them. some time ask for physical support documents, some time ask for notary, some time say no more physical documents. they have daydreaming every fxxking day. and they even ask people to upload their signature, photo and documents!! wtf? ppl has to submit the physical set anyway, why make it so hard for their ppl?? really feel shame on this government.

Comment

PM Modi promised to make OCI easy. But instead of becoming easy, it has become more difficult. It was never this difficult before.

"Minimum Government, Maximum Governance" at its best.

Comment

Originally posted by proonindiandoc View Post
                  File complaints to D.C Indian Embassy. whole mess made by them. some time ask for physical support documents, some time ask for notary, some time say no more physical documents. they have daydreaming every fxxking day. and they even ask people to upload their signature, photo and documents!! wtf? ppl has to submit the physical set anyway, why make it so hard for their ppl?? really feel shame on this government.
                  Modi is very active on social media and internet. Is he not reading all these?. Wondering..

Comment

Originally posted by sunrag1 View Post
                    Modi is very active on social media and internet. Is he not reading all these?. Wondering..
                    you hope he read these so he can do sth to fix the mess.

Comment

Originally posted by rgsoni View Post
                      Notary public can only confirm your signature and not attest that it is a true copy. NY Consulate used to accept self attestation in January 16 (I got my renunciation certificate then). Now, I am trying to get OCI reissued for my daughter (new passport) and the requirement of 10 or so documents to be notarized is going to add $30 to my cost. It is so stupid of the Indian government.
                      Local bank will notarize for FREE

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                      X