Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Permanent Resident status stay outside US for 4 years due to family crisis.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Permanent Resident status stay outside US for 4 years due to family crisis.

I am a permanent resident of United State have stayed outside US for four years because of family crisis back to my homeland. Should I go to my local US Embassy to apply a SB-1 and honestly give explanation with evidence of my absence to the consul? whatelse should I be aware of?
    Thanks

Applying for an SB-1 visa is your only option, unless you try to enter with your existing Green Card and hope that you are allowed to pass.

--Ray B

Originally posted by Terrence Put View Post
    I am a permanent resident of United State have stayed outside US for four years because of family crisis back to my homeland. Should I go to my local US Embassy to apply a SB-1 and honestly give explanation with evidence of my absence to the consul? whatelse should I be aware of?
    Thanks

Comment

Follow the guidelines:

To qualify for Returning Resident Status, you must show:

That you were a lawful permanent resident when you departed the United States,
      That when you departed you intended to return to the United States and have maintained this intent,
      That you are returning from a temporary visit abroad and, if the stay was protracted, it was caused by reasons beyond your control and for which you were not responsible, and
      That you are eligible for the immigrant visa in all other respects.
      If you have lost your permanent resident status, and you wish to apply for a "Returning Resident visa," you must contact the Consular Section by e-mailing [email protected] in order to schedule an appointment to file an "Application to Determine Returning Resident Status" (Form DS-117) and submit evidence to support the above requirements along with filing the form.

Comment

Originally posted by Terrence Put View Post
        Thanks
        Hi can I ask what was the outcome of your application for SB1 visa? Thanks

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X