Police Record and clearance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Police Record and clearance

I married a Mexican woman in Mexico and now I'm trying to immigrate my wife from Mexico to the U.S. We're currently in the NVC phase and are trying to get our supporting documents together.
    I'm very confused on what I need to do for the police records. I've called the NVC 3 times and each customer representative gives me a different answer.

1. One said I need to go to the Mexican Embassy in Phoenix, AZ and ask them to send a letter to PGR or Federal Police asking them to send permission to the police here to release her federal police record. I called the embassy and they told me the opposite and said I didn't need to contact them and that I can just go to a PGR office here and ask for a letter. I went to PGR and said they wouldn't release it unless I got a letter from an embassy.

2. The second person said that a police record is not required since she is my wife and it is an immigrant visa.

3. The third person said I needed to go to the CNS or Comision Nacional de Seguridad for the federal police record.

So my question is which advice should I follow? Do I need a a police certificate, record, clearance since she is my spouse? Does anyone have any specific advice or has had the same experience?

I appreciate your help.

Well I don't know about Mexico, but here in Brazil, my son's wife had to get her police record from the Federal govt. in Brazil and each State govt. of any States she lived in here in Brazil.

I would think your wife would be able to get her records, send them to you and then you can get them translated and sent in with all the other paperwork. Hope that is of some help.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X