L1B/L1A and GC options

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L1B/L1A and GC options

Long story short - recruiting company wanted to relocate me on H1B, but didn't make it in time for the April 1st deadline.
    Got an offer to work at another office (outside US) for 1 year and then relocate. Role is engineering, non-managerial but I do plan on switching to management.
    Weighing my options and timeline now.

1. If I relocate on L1B and get sponsored for GC (probably under EB3).
    a. How much time does it take nowadays to go through all the process?
    b. How much time does it take until the stage at which I'll be able to switch employers (with no harm to the GC)?
    c. Are processing times expected to get longer or shorter in 1-2 years?

2. L1A:
    a. What constitutes a role suitable for L1A? if I have worked for 1 year as a junior level manager, like a team lead position - would that suffice?
    b. If I have not worked in a managerial role overseas, but that role that I'm relocating for is indeed managerial - what then? do I go on L1B but submit EB1 application?

Generally what would be the shortest path to GC in my situation?
    Thanks alot!

Originally posted by alen View Post
    1. If I relocate on L1B and get sponsored for GC (probably under EB3).
    a. How much time does it take nowadays to go through all the process?
    b. How much time does it take until the stage at which I'll be able to switch employers (with no harm to the GC)?
    c. Are processing times expected to get longer or shorter in 1-2 years?
    EB3 is time consuming, equivalent to H1B. ~10 years. You won't be able to switch employer on L1B - you need to switch to H1B or GC before switching. Doesn't seems like the processing time'll get shorter. It can certainly go longer though.

Originally posted by alen View Post
    2. L1A:
    a. What constitutes a role suitable for L1A? if I have worked for 1 year as a junior level manager, like a team lead position - would that suffice?
    b. If I have not worked in a managerial role overseas, but that role that I'm relocating for is indeed managerial - what then? do I go on L1B but submit EB1 application?
    Consulates have sometimes considered junior level manager for L1A, however better to project as Sr. manager, team lead won't suffice.
    Requirement for L1A & EB1C are almost similar, so the route for you will be L1B-L1A-GC. which will again take ~4 years.

Fastest way will be to get married to a citizen - if you are single.
    - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

EB1C -Expidite Criteria

My employer filled the my GC before 8 days of L1A max out date. and due to this after Max out date, i need to be on LWP.

I checked USCIS website and found the Expidite Criteria. There i found few options.

USCIS review​s​ all​ expedite requests on a case-by-case basis and requests are granted at the discretion of the office leadership.​ The burden is on the applicant or petitioner to demonstrate that one or more of the e​xpedite criteria have been met.​​ ​USCIS may expedite a​ petition or application if it meets one or more of the following criteria:​
      Severe financial loss to company or ​person​;​
      Emergency situation;​
      Humanitarian reasons;​
      Nonprofit organization whose request is in furtherance of the cultural and social interests of the United States​;​
      Department of Defense or ​n​ational ​i​nterest ​s​ituation

Is anyone have information on this? please reply.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X