Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can I start L2 dependant visa stamping process for wife and kid together ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I start L2 dependant visa stamping process for wife and kid together ?

I have an approved L1-B visa stamped on my passport and planning to travel to US next month (June 2016). This time, I am also taking my wife and kid (5 years) with me and hence applying for L2. I understand for kids less than 14 years, there is a visa waiver program (dropbox) option available and hence only wife needs to visit VAC as well as attend visa interview at consulate.

Now my question is:
    Should my wife first finish her visa stamping process and get a visa on her passport ? And then should we start the process for my kid using the visa waiver program (dropbox) option ? I guess If I take this approach, both me and my wife will have valid visa stamped and its going to be easy for the kids visa stamping. I am doubtful that if I start the process for my kid also (along with my wife), only one of the parents will have the visa stamped and it may create additional processing/concerns for kids visa stamping. Please share the thoughts. Thanks for spending time to read the question

Originally posted by subhas bhai View Post
    I have an approved L1-B visa stamped on my passport and planning to travel to US next month (June 2016). This time, I am also taking my wife and kid (5 years) with me and hence applying for L2. I understand for kids less than 14 years, there is a visa waiver program (dropbox) option available and hence only wife needs to visit VAC as well as attend visa interview at consulate.

Now my question is:
    Should my wife first finish her visa stamping process and get a visa on her passport ? And then should we start the process for my kid using the visa waiver program (dropbox) option ? I guess If I take this approach, both me and my wife will have valid visa stamped and its going to be easy for the kids visa stamping. I am doubtful that if I start the process for my kid also (along with my wife), only one of the parents will have the visa stamped and it may create additional processing/concerns for kids visa stamping. Please share the thoughts. Thanks for spending time to read the question
    Its called Interview waiver program. If your wife is not comfortable attending her L2 visa interview with your kid, then you can have her attend the visa and in parallel apply for your kid's visa, she can take the kids documents along with her and give it to the consulate.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by raghvi View Post
      Its called Interview waiver program. If your wife is not comfortable attending her L2 visa interview with your kid, then you can have her attend the visa and in parallel apply for your kid's visa, she can take the kids documents along with her and give it to the consulate.
      I have little different situation:
      1. My wife passport is expired & under process of renewal - moreover she will be staying back in home country for sometime.
      2. My kid would like to go with me & is under 14 yrs of age - can I apply for his visa alone under drop box?

Comment

Originally posted by libra14 View Post
        I have little different situation:
        1. My wife passport is expired & under process of renewal - moreover she will be staying back in home country for sometime.
        2. My kid would like to go with me & is under 14 yrs of age - can I apply for his visa alone under drop box?
        Same name

Yes, your kid can apply alone under drop box scheme. However, you may need additional documents to prove that his/her mother doesn't have any objection.
        - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X