X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• can i sponsor my parents when My L1 petition I129s extension is in process

Hi,

Can somebody help me to understand the process for the Visitor visa

I came to US 3 months back on L1B visa and would like to invite my parents to US.

I have valid visa and I 94 till march 2018 but my I129s was expired on march 2016 and we have filled for the extension. my questions is

can i sponsor my parents now since i was here only for 3 months and my I129s is in extension?

If yes what is the process and what are the documents i required.

Appreciate your time

Originally posted by ratna M View Post
    Hi,

Can somebody help me to understand the process for the Visitor visa

I came to US 3 months back on L1B visa and would like to invite my parents to US.

I have valid visa and I 94 till march 2018 but my I129s was expired on march 2016 and we have filled for the extension. my questions is

can i sponsor my parents now since i was here only for 3 months and my I129s is in extension?

If yes what is the process and what are the documents i required.

Appreciate your time
    Yes you can do so. As long as you are on a valid status, doesn't matter for your expiry dates.

You seems to be in bit hurry for L2, EAD, parents etc.
    - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

Originally posted by Libra_14 View Post
      Yes you can do so. As long as you are on a valid status, doesn't matter for your expiry dates.

Thanks libra for your quick response

Since my husband is travelling back to india i am planning to bring my parents here.

Comment

Originally posted by ratna M View Post
        Thanks libra for your quick response

Since my husband is travelling back to india i am planning to bring my parents here.
        No problem, best of luck to your parents !!
        - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

Comment

Originally posted by Libra_14 View Post
          That's what came across, with her numerous posts, and previously hijacked thread! Jeez

There is no guarantee parents will get a visa even with the hubby travelling. Why don't parents just apply and find out, just like everyone else. There is no sponsoring a B visa.

Comment

Originally posted by daggit View Post
            That's what came across, with her numerous posts, and previously hijacked thread! Jeez

There is no guarantee parents will get a visa even with the hubby travelling. Why don't parents just apply and find out, just like everyone else. There is no sponsoring a B visa.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X