Waiting for Visa Availability ( F1 CATEGORY) and Marriage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Waiting for Visa Availability ( F1 CATEGORY) and Marriage

I am currently waiting for a Via availability under f1 (unmarried and over 21) , My priority date is 1 june 2011 and i am 38 now, if i get married now my category would change but i am in a relationship now, should i wait for my Visa processing and then get married, and what if i have a child before marriage , will the child qualify if i petition after immigrating to the US and apply for her.

Originally posted by gurdeepsaluja View Post
    I am currently waiting for a Via availability under f1 (unmarried and over 21) , My priority date is 1 june 2011 and i am 38 now, if i get married now my category would change but i am in a relationship now, should i wait for my Visa processing and then get married, and what if i have a child before marriage , will the child qualify if i petition after immigrating to the US and apply for her.
    Wow! Well this is not an easy one. I do know they don't like changes, so I would be careful about doing anything different until you get your visa etc. I don't think having a child before marriage would be a problem as long as your name is on the document of the child's birth certificate and you can prove you had an on going relationship with the mother at the time the child was conceived.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X