New H1B - Finding it tough to get a job in BI/DW Field

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New H1B - Finding it tough to get a job in BI/DW Field

I was lucky to get my H1B this year but unfortunate part is that I am finding it really hard to get a project on C2C basis from India THOUGH I have huge industry experience (I was manager when I quit my last job at one of the MNC way back in 2012). My employer (Desi Consultant) is insisting upon me that I must get a job before I come to USA. My issue is that I was self employed in India after quitting my last job at one of the MNC and was doing small time data related jobs and other reporting services in my field. So, my interview with any USA based employer is running into issues as all of them are looking for someone mostly employed with good MNCs. I have a good amount of experience in BI/DW field but have been out of touch for 2-3 years from my field.

Now the thing is I am willing to take up any kind of job such as project management, Data architect, BI architect even at low salary. If some one can provide me some clues as to how to jumpstart my career in USA, it would be a great help. Somehow, My dreams for US career seems to dwindle even after clearing and getting my H1B visa this year after a long wait and strenuous process. Please note that I have excellent credentials and qualifications. It is just that I am out of touch with my job for some time. To me, these initial hurdles are slowly becoming like monstrous show-stopper. Looks like more of mind blocks than anything else. But, I know how difficult it is as I wear that hat. I am trying with monster and dice job platform and have attended 2-3 interviews but of no avail.

Please reply without asking me questions like:
    1) Why do you want to switch career?
    2) Why USA?
    3) why don't you transfer your H1B to another employer? - Out of question and scope. I have existing agreement with my current employer
    4) How did you get H1B without a project ( LCA and blah.. blah)- Well, my internal project ( basis for my H1B) with my employer got cancelled and there is zero chance of revival or getting any internal project with my current employer.
    5) And some basic questions like this

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X