Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

H4 Rejected - Any change of approvals later?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H4 Rejected - Any change of approvals later?

I have a question.. My wife came here on H4 and then joined a University in Mar 2014 whose sting operation for CPT is revealed recently . We were told that the university is offering online classes and after doing research that it is properly accredited, she joined. After that we came to know there are no classes conducted , she sent mails to University multiple times and went to University multiple times, but no proper response is given. 6 months she worked on CPT and later she discontinued MS from Oct 2013 as She got H1B and worked on that.

Now she went to India on Vacation in Feb 2016.She went to stamping her H1B visa in Feb 2016, but since they have to do some inquiry about the employer , they issued 221g.

We waited for 2 months and as there is no update on that case, applied H4 on April 2016( after scam is revealed). They asked about this university and didn't issued the visa stating she did violation of Laws. I wanted to know if she can come in future in any visa (H4 atleast), or will she be ban to enter US, due to violation of laws. Shall we apply for H4 visa after some time like after 6 months once the issue slowed down? Please advice !!

Originally posted by Adhrit574 View Post
    I have a question.. My wife came here on H4 and then joined a University in Mar 2014 whose sting operation for CPT is revealed recently . We were told that the university is offering online classes and after doing research that it is properly accredited, she joined. After that we came to know there are no classes conducted , she sent mails to University multiple times and went to University multiple times, but no proper response is given. 6 months she worked on CPT and later she discontinued MS from Oct 2013 as She got H1B and worked on that.

Now she went to India on Vacation in Feb 2016.She went to stamping her H1B visa in Feb 2016, but since they have to do some inquiry about the employer , they issued 221g.

We waited for 2 months and as there is no update on that case, applied H4 on April 2016( after scam is revealed). They asked about this university and didn't issued the visa stating she did violation of Laws. I wanted to know if she can come in future in any visa (H4 atleast), or will she be ban to enter US, due to violation of laws. Shall we apply for H4 visa after some time like after 6 months once the issue slowed down? Please advice !!
    How did she get CPT on H4 visa? A person on H4 visa can't earn income by any source. Even knowing that she still worked and violated the law. This will always come up on her each visa interview.
    This is just my opinion, not a legal advice.

Comment

Basically the wife was one of 1,076 willful participants in the scam known as UNNJ.

She can kiss her US dreams goodbye for the foreseeable future.

Comment

Originally posted by SKDS160 View Post
        How did she get CPT on H4 visa? A person on H4 visa can't earn income by any source. Even knowing that she still worked and violated the law. This will always come up on her each visa interview.
        She transferred H4 visa to F1 and then worked on CPT.

Comment

UNNJ students returned back to US again?

Did any UNNJ students who cam to India, able to get any visa to US again please?

Comment

Originally posted by MaduM View Post
            Did any UNNJ students who cam to India, able to get any visa to US again please?
            And the reason you wish to find out is..? ..Just curious

Comment

Originally posted by daggit View Post
              And the reason you wish to find out is..? ..Just curious
              because I am from the same college, changed my status from h4 to f1 and now in India. Serios replies please this is not a fun situation for me

Comment

Originally posted by daggit View Post
                Basically the wife was one of 1,076 willful participants in the scam known as UNNJ.

She can kiss her US dreams goodbye for the foreseeable future.
                The answer is still this. (According to the link quoted, "students" were willing participants, ignored the risks involved, and knowingly went ahead with the pay-to-stay scam.)

The US is a very welcoming society, but we lose sympathy for those who knowingly flout our laws.

Comment

H4 Rejected - Any change of approvals later?

@Adhrit574, we are in the same boat.

Didn't they give 221g for H4, did they directly rejected?
                  i talked to the lawyer few days back. They advised to get a letter from local congress person while going for H4 (if it is already rejected).

and the lawyer advised to wait for couple of months, since the case is still in progress.

Comment

we are on the same boat. We talked to the attorney and they advised to wait for couple of months until go for H4 stamping.

In your case you need a get a letter from congressperson from your area and go for h4 stamping again(advised by the attorney)

Comment

unnj

I am in a similar situation as well.I understand your wife worked in h1b. Did she get her h1b while enrolled in UNNJ? In other words, did she submit UNNJ transcripts while applying for h1b?

Comment

Originally posted by bkt99 View Post
                        we are on the same boat. We talked to the attorney and they advised to wait for couple of months until go for H4 stamping.

In your case you need a get a letter from congressperson from your area and go for h4 stamping again(advised by the attorney)
                        Hi bkt99,

Thanks for the reply. Visa Consulate said they cannot issue visa and handed 221g slip with case number in it. But when I checked in DS160 status portal , it is in admin processing. But I think its of no use as there is no update in that site.

We didn't tried again. Please update this post , if you have tried going to stamping , please let us know the result. It is very annoying that the requested visa is H4 , and they are stopping meeting my family.

Hi MadhuM,

Are you in US or India? Did you go for stamping?
                        Last edited by Adhrit574; 05-16-2016, 02:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by cosmicegg View Post
                          I am in a similar situation as well.I understand your wife worked in h1b. Did she get her h1b while enrolled in UNNJ? In other words, did she submit UNNJ transcripts while applying for h1b?
                          She worked on CPT from April 2014 to Oct 2014. She got H1B while she enrolled in UNNJ. Worked in H1B from Oct 2014. We didnt submitted any transcripts as she didnt started her university by then.

Comment

She worked on CPT from April 2014 to Oct 2014. She got H1B while she enrolled in UNNJ. Worked in H1B from Oct 2014. We didnt submitted any transcripts as she didnt started her university by then.
                            Hi,
                            To my best knowledge, if she got her h1b without using any documents from UNNJ, she could defend her case and things wont be as bad.
                            However, if her status was ONLY F1-CPT (from UNNJ) before h1b approval, and she was in a functioning h1b status afterwards, they may revoke her h1b. You should consult an attorney.
                            Last edited by cosmicegg; 05-16-2016, 04:02 PM.

Comment

yes, they are not rejecting the visa, they are putting the visa under admin processing since the case is still pending.

We booked the interview slot but lawyer advised not go for the interview at this time. Since they can hold the passport Max until an year.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                              X