Laid off on H1B. Need urgent help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Laid off on H1B. Need urgent help

I got laid off on 5/2/2016; so I am unemployed and out of status asof 5/3/2016. My i94 expiry date is 08/14/2017.

I used to get bi-weekly pay stubs. I have last pay stub as of 04/29/2016 and would be getting a final paystub of 05/02/2016.

Also, my company has informed me that they will send a letter of revoking my H1B petition to USCIS in 2 weeks….I am assuming they will send it by 05/13/2016.

I am getting an offer from a consulting firm (company A) on their internal project and they are ready to transfer my H1B immediately. But salary would be very less and this is a short term project that means I need to keep looking for long term project outside and this company will be holding my H1N in this case.

So in short; I really do not want to take the job opportunity from Company A.

I am also expecting another job offer from another company B in next 2-3 weeks. And I am pretty much interested to take this offer. Company B doesn’t know about layoff. Because we are in a discussion since more than 2 weeks now.

Now, what are my best options –

1. As I do not want to take the offer from Company A. Should I wait for company B? And let them process H1B transfer from my current situation. As it may take next 2-3 weeks that means I won’t be able to give latest paystub of 05/13/2016 + may be of 05/27/2016.

2. Should I submit a COS to B1/B2 and after getting the offer from company B…submit another COS from B1/B2 to H1B? I think, getting COS approved from H1B to B1/B2 will take 3-4 months. What will happen if before B1/B2 approval I want to join company B?

3. Should I join company A to stay in proper status as I am still under 2 weeks and for the transfer I have the latest pay stub of 04/29/2016

4. Any other option in this situation?

Thank you so much for your help and support.

-jiya

Any suggestion on my post please?

Comment

Laid off on H1B. Need urgent help

You can transfer your H1 to another employer; What technology is your expertise?

Comment

I am similar boat, what did you overcome this problem. Please share your experience.. Thanks Jassi

======
        Originally posted by jiyajain View Post
        I got laid off on 5/2/2016; so I am unemployed and out of status asof 5/3/2016. My i94 expiry date is 08/14/2017.

I used to get bi-weekly pay stubs. I have last pay stub as of 04/29/2016 and would be getting a final paystub of 05/02/2016.

Also, my company has informed me that they will send a letter of revoking my H1B petition to USCIS in 2 weeks….I am assuming they will send it by 05/13/2016.

I am getting an offer from a consulting firm (company A) on their internal project and they are ready to transfer my H1B immediately. But salary would be very less and this is a short term project that means I need to keep looking for long term project outside and this company will be holding my H1N in this case.

So in short; I really do not want to take the job opportunity from Company A.

I am also expecting another job offer from another company B in next 2-3 weeks. And I am pretty much interested to take this offer. Company B doesn’t know about layoff. Because we are in a discussion since more than 2 weeks now.

Now, what are my best options –

1. As I do not want to take the offer from Company A. Should I wait for company B? And let them process H1B transfer from my current situation. As it may take next 2-3 weeks that means I won’t be able to give latest paystub of 05/13/2016 + may be of 05/27/2016.

2. Should I submit a COS to B1/B2 and after getting the offer from company B…submit another COS from B1/B2 to H1B? I think, getting COS approved from H1B to B1/B2 will take 3-4 months. What will happen if before B1/B2 approval I want to join company B?

3. Should I join company A to stay in proper status as I am still under 2 weeks and for the transfer I have the latest pay stub of 04/29/2016

4. Any other option in this situation?

Thank you so much for your help and support.

-jiya

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X