X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Abandoning Green Card

Hello,

Hope I can get some advice here.
    I received a green card after marrying my former wife in Alaska. For different reasons, it did not work out. I decided to move back to Norway, as I didn't have enough motivation to stay, and try to keep my green card, as I thought given my situation it would be a hard task to keep it.

Anyways. So I am now living in Norway, and am just wanting to abandon my green card. It is a 2 year temp card, and is now up for renewal - i-751. BUT, paperwork and about 600 USD. Have no plans to live in the US, but obviously wanna take a vacation there as a normal tourist every now and then far into the future (just bought a big property here, so nothing within the first couple of years)..

If I simply ignore the i-751, and just let it expire. Will I then face difficulty when I try to fly to Alaska, lets say 5 years from now on a normal tourist visa, for vacation?

You may have to research\google a bit, but I believe there is a way to formally renounce\return a green card. Formally doing so would ease things on a future US trip rather than just ignoring the 1-751.

- - - Updated - - -

just found this..

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X