Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

H1B dropbox eligibility - on same visa but previous stamping was in 2012!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B dropbox eligibility - on same visa but previous stamping was in 2012!!

Hello,

This is my first post here so apologies if I haven't gone through complete posts in the forum.

I have been in US with the same employer from 2010 on H1B visa ( I was with a different employer before). During my visit to India in 2012, I got my visa stamping done. My visa was expired in 2013, then got extended till March 2016, and my renewal from 2016-2019 is approved now.

I haven't gone to India since 2012 and I am planning to go in this year. Would I be eligible for the Drop box option that is available now?

I checked the rules that are listed in the site and particularly the following rule concerns me:

"If I am applying for an H or L (individual) or R visa, my prior visa in the same class is still valid or expired within the last 12 months."

Is this about the Visa in general (which is valid for the same class) or the stamping that's in my passport? Since I haven't changed the employer from 2010, and my passport has visa stamped for the same employer(though the stamping was expired in 2013) and I have an approved visa, can I go for drop box or will this be an interview?

Adding one more question -- I am going with my family (wife and daughter , who got their visa stamped in 2010). Are they eligible for the drop box?

Appreciate any suggestions/experiences that you may share!!

Best Regards,
    Pavan

Originally posted by pavanlss View Post
    Hello,

This is my first post here so apologies if I haven't gone through complete posts in the forum.

I have been in US with the same employer from 2010 on H1B visa ( I was with a different employer before). During my visit to India in 2012, I got my visa stamping done. My visa was expired in 2013, then got extended till March 2016, and my renewal from 2016-2019 is approved now.

I haven't gone to India since 2012 and I am planning to go in this year. Would I be eligible for the Drop box option that is available now?

I checked the rules that are listed in the site and particularly the following rule concerns me:

"If I am applying for an H or L (individual) or R visa, my prior visa in the same class is still valid or expired within the last 12 months."

Is this about the Visa in general (which is valid for the same class) or the stamping that's in my passport? Since I haven't changed the employer from 2010, and my passport has visa stamped for the same employer(though the stamping was expired in 2013) and I have an approved visa, can I go for drop box or will this be an interview?

Adding one more question -- I am going with my family (wife and daughter , who got their visa stamped in 2010). Are they eligible for the drop box?

Appreciate any suggestions/experiences that you may share!!

Best Regards,
    Pavan
    If visa stamp in passport expired more than 12 months back then you are not eligible for Dropbox. Same for dependent.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X