Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Arrested for DUI in Mar 2011, going to Visa interview this year 2016 in september

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arrested for DUI in Mar 2011, going to Visa interview this year 2016 in september

Hi all, and admins,

I have doubts on my criminal case and visa stamping this year and need some clarification.
    I had been arrested in Mar 2011 for DUI and Public intoxication and I plead "Not Guilty". Though I get suspension of my license for 6 months but due to help of an attorney I got all cases dismissed by court.
    I also performed community service for 40 hrs and Classes.
    Now I have Visa interview this year 2016 in September. Do I expect this record to be exist with Visa officer. What should I mention in DS156/DS 160. What docs I need to carry.
    I am just thinking when we say case dismissed means I am not convicted (Am I right in this understanding).
    Need expert advice and help.

Regards

DUI arrested

Every state has different laws; still, I think the Visa officer has this record and if you have been released as “not guilty,” it shouldn’t be a big deal. You can have a word with a criminal attorney who can help you to clear any confusion about your cases which are dismissed.

Comment

Hii,
      I had found that immigrants with a criminal history or background are restricted for the entry to the US. How about the other countries like Korea? I had been sued under DUI for the drunk drive. I need to apply for the visa, do I need to get help from the attorney?
      Last edited by samlynn; 08-03-2016, 01:55 PM.

Comment

I just came across an article regarding the US immigration how can we travel to US while facing any charges. It is difficult for the cases related to gun, drugs, etc. But in some cases, the traveller (if their travelling permission is denied) can apply for the waivers which will be approved by the government. Did any hear about the so-called waivers? Are the immigration rules common to all countries? Does it vary?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X