Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Really need help about overseas Marriage.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Really need help about overseas Marriage.

I'm so lost and confused. My partner is currently in America and in 4 months he'll be coming to Australia and we hope to be getting married in the courts so I can move to America and we can have a ceremony in America where family can attend. How do we go about getting married here in Australia? Like what paperwork do we need? Do we need to lodge any forms to say we intend to marry before he arrives? If so which one? (What is it called?)

Following the marriage I wish to apply for a green card for permanent residency in the states. How do I go about doing that? What forms will I need to fill out as having married him already? (what are the names of the forms I will need to fill out and lodge) I'm so clueless to all of this and I really need some help on how to do it all properly.

Just an added note, I don't really want to go there on a temporary visa and then have to swap to a permenant while I'm over there, or do anything to run the risk of having to be sent home to wait out the next step. I just want the quickest most efficient way of getting to America permenantly so I can be with my partner in person and not long distance.

Thankyou so much!

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X