Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can a green card holder file a petition for his/her fiance/fiancee?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can a green card holder file a petition for his/her fiance/fiancee?

All right folks. This is going to be short. Hopefully I can find some answers in this forum

As the title says, can I file a petition for my fiancee to go and live with me in the US? She's currently in UK working as a nurse. or do we have to get married first? Does the wedding have to be held in our native country? or is it possible to be done in UK?

Thank y'all for your help!

First of all, make up your mind where you want to get married.. the US or UK.

Once married overseas, she will no longer be your fiance; therefore no fiance visa as such.

One thread only per subject..

Comment

You cannot submit a fiancee visa petition (I-129F) unless you are a U.S. citizen.

--Ray B

Originally posted by deleon.rp View Post
      All right folks. This is going to be short. Hopefully I can find some answers in this forum

As the title says, can I file a petition for my fiancee to go and live with me in the US? She's currently in UK working as a nurse. or do we have to get married first? Does the wedding have to be held in our native country? or is it possible to be done in UK?

Thank y'all for your help!

Comment

Originally posted by rayb View Post
        You cannot submit a fiancee visa petition (I-129F) unless you are a U.S. citizen.

--Ray B
        Good catch

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X