Can I marry my girlfriend in UK?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I marry my girlfriend in UK?

I'm a green card holder, so obviously I'm staying in the US as we speak, and my girlfriend is currently working as a nurse in UK. Is it possible for us to get married in UK, instead of going back to our native country and have our wedding there? If filing for an immigrant visa, does she have to go home and file all required papers over there? or can she do it while in UK? I don't want her to quit her job, do all the necessary papers to be able to file for an immigrant visa, and wait for God knows how many months.

Thanks for your help.

As a green card holder in the US, you have the option to get married in the UK without needing to return to your native country. However, the process for filing for an immigrant visa for your spouse will depend on various factors, including your current immigration status, your spouse's nationality, and whether you plan to reside in the US permanently.

If you plan to sponsor your spouse for a green card (permanent residency) in the US, your spouse may be able to begin the application process while residing in the UK. The process typically involves submitting forms and supporting documents to the US Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS), attending an interview at a US consulate or embassy, and undergoing medical and background checks.​

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X