Issue with applying passport with CKGS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Issue with applying passport with CKGS

I was applying for passport renewal for my daughter and was filing the form on CKGS site. I opted for Shipping also from CKGS and chose the option "FedEx Standard Overnight service" I entered the address however when I click on perform address check, I get a message that "It seems address entered by you is incorrect ...." The site give an option to select "I will use my own airway bill". However there is also a note on the site that says -

1. Note: CKGS does not accept FedEx prepaid shipment. If you wish you may buy a FedEx label from us
    2. •CKGS will not drop off your prepaid envelopes to your shipping service provider as you have not bought the shipping service from us.
    3. •CKGS cannot take any responsibility of pick-up and delivery to you, the shipping service providers often do not acknowledge receipt of the envelopes.
    4. •CKGS will not be responsible to contact you, and if you ignore this point for any delay occurring will be your liability.

I am not sure what is meant by this? I am not sure what to do?

I have been staying at this address and received courier from nearly every big courier company.

Can somebody suggest what to do. I need my daughter's passport to be renewed by this month so that I can apply for my I-94 extension. I have all the documents ready with me. Any suggestion?

THanks,
    Vishal

Originally posted by vishu_gupta View Post
    I was applying for passport renewal for my daughter and was filing the form on CKGS site. I opted for Shipping also from CKGS and chose the option "FedEx Standard Overnight service" I entered the address however when I click on perform address check, I get a message that "It seems address entered by you is incorrect ...." The site give an option to select "I will use my own airway bill". However there is also a note on the site that says -

1. Note: CKGS does not accept FedEx prepaid shipment. If you wish you may buy a FedEx label from us
    2. •CKGS will not drop off your prepaid envelopes to your shipping service provider as you have not bought the shipping service from us.
    3. •CKGS cannot take any responsibility of pick-up and delivery to you, the shipping service providers often do not acknowledge receipt of the envelopes.
    4. •CKGS will not be responsible to contact you, and if you ignore this point for any delay occurring will be your liability.

I have been staying at this address and received courier from nearly every big courier company.

Can somebody suggest what to do. I need my daughter's passport to be renewed by this month so that I can apply for my I-94 extension. I have all the documents ready with me. Any suggestion?

THanks,
    Vishal
    You can use your own shipping label except one from FedEx.
    I paid high shipping fee for renunciation certificate to CKGS but used USPS label for OCI.
    This is only when document cannot be collected in person.

You cannot buy USPS label in post office. You need to create online account, buy and print yourself.

Comment

Similar Issue of applying passport renewal with CKGS with shipping address check

Hi Vishal,

I am also applying for renewal of my daughter passport and has the same issue. I am planning to send email to CKGS for this issue since I prefer to go with CKGS courier serivce. Let you know in case of any updates.

You also please let me know if you find any solution for this problem.

Could please suggest if you have any better idea/ options to solve this issue.

Thanks
      Pareed

THanks,
      Vishal

Comment

How did you resolve the issue?

Comment

Switch to a different browser like chrome.It worked for me.

Comment

If you do not have address 2 field, just enter address 1 in address 2 as well and then validate the address. That will work as of today.

Comment

How did you solve this issue. Now i am facing same issue again.

THanks,
              Vishal

Hi Vishu Gupta,
              How did you solve this issue? I am facing the same issue now. I called CKGS customer service about to change the shippping service ,but No luck.
              Please help me with your replay. Which airway did you select ? have you been able to track your package? How long did the whole process take?

Thanks
              Nila

Comment

Problem with address seems to be a bug in CKGS application.
                As some one already mentioned in this thread, If you enter your street address in both Address 1 field and Address 2 field, and then do address check it may work fine.

Below is what worked for me.
                Once you reach the screen where you need to address check, you will see what ever address you gave in previous screen is auto populated.
                If you click on address check with that address and it is not working, do below.

1. Click on the change address.
                2. Enter your Zip code.
                3. Enter your Street number and Street Name in both Address 1 field and Address 2 field.
                eg. 819 South Avenue (incase you don't have a apartment number/Suite number)
                eg2. 819S South Avenue (incase your appartment number is an alphanumeric one like 'S' . If you have a numeric apartment number, I dont know what to do.. May be try entering it in Address field2
                4. Choose your City
                5.Then do the address check.

If you are lucky, it may return the address options to choose from.

Comment

Similar Issue with 'Perform Address Check'

Hi,

I have similar issue with CKGS while submitting the application. The 'Perform Address Check" tool doesn't verify the address. I get the error " It seems the zip code doesn't match the address entered by you.."

Please advise how to resolve.I am unable to go to My Account page as well. Kindly let know if any one has a similar issue.

Comment

Use Google Chrome browser....

Apart from this problem, what a Insanely confusing website they built !!!! - As someone suggested after switching over to GOOGLE CHROME browser I was able to perform Address Check !!!!

Originally posted by prasannavp View Post
                    Hi,

I have similar issue with CKGS while submitting the application. The 'Perform Address Check" tool doesn't verify the address. I get the error " It seems the zip code doesn't match the address entered by you.."

Please advise how to resolve.I am unable to go to My Account page as well. Kindly let know if any one has a similar issue.

Comment

Hello All,

I am on Google Chrome and I still face the same issue with the Perform Address Check in the "SHIPPING Service (from CKGS to You) -". I have an apartment number and it shows me the correct address, but after selecting it and when I hit save, it says Perform Address check again.

Any thoughts?

Comment

Originally posted by Saj123 View Post
                        Problem with address seems to be a bug in CKGS application.
                        As some one already mentioned in this thread, If you enter your street address in both Address 1 field and Address 2 field, and then do address check it may work fine.

Below is what worked for me.
                        Once you reach the screen where you need to address check, you will see what ever address you gave in previous screen is auto populated.
                        If you click on address check with that address and it is not working, do below.

1. Click on the change address.
                        2. Enter your Zip code.
                        3. Enter your Street number and Street Name in both Address 1 field and Address 2 field.
                        eg. 819 South Avenue (incase you don't have a apartment number/Suite number)
                        eg2. 819S South Avenue (incase your appartment number is an alphanumeric one like 'S' . If you have a numeric apartment number, I dont know what to do.. May be try entering it in Address field2
                        4. Choose your City
                        5.Then do the address check.

If you are lucky, it may return the address options to choose from.
                        I agree with this a little--> tried the folloing and worked for me: use chrome and No spaces in Address line 2. Rest should work fine. Good Luck!

Comment

CKGS = India's Revenge for USCIS

Comment

Perform address chek

Originally posted by diptam View Post
                            Apart from this problem, what a Insanely confusing website they built !!!! - As someone suggested after switching over to GOOGLE CHROME browser I was able to perform Address Check !!!!
                            can anyone tell me where is this address chek tool in ckgs web...i looked at the whole page where my address was automatcally pulled up..but could not find any tool to validate.
                            i know there are many smart and helpful ppl in this forum who can guide me on this..thks alot...i cliked on the address but nothing happened...pls GUIDE

Comment

how to vlidate the address

Originally posted by Srikanth Janga View Post
                              If you do not have address 2 field, just enter address 1 in address 2 as well and then validate the address. That will work as of today.
                              can anyone pls tell me how to validate the address..i dont see any icon or a symbol to validate or any tool to validate..when i clik on the address nothing happens...pls suggest...thks

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                              X