Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rental Car Insurance

Hello All,

I am traveling to the states soon and will be needing to rent a car. I am over 25 but do I need to have personal car insurance to rent a car in the US? If I do not have personal insurance, do I need to buy temporary rental car insurance if applicable?

Thanks,

Renting a car in the US

Originally posted by RN-ME View Post
    Hello All,

I am traveling to the states soon and will be needing to rent a car. I am over 25 but do I need to have personal car insurance to rent a car in the US? If I do not have personal insurance, do I need to buy temporary rental car insurance if applicable?

Thanks,
    You do not need to already have car insurance purchased to rent a car in the US. You are required to have a valid driver's license and as for the insurance, if you do not have your own car insurance already, then the rental agency should sell car insurance for you for some specified daily rate. When I, personally, had to rent a car and my insurance did not cover the rental, they charged me $14 per day for the car insurance the agency has for their rentals

This is not professional advice. For professional advice, please contact a United States rental car agency.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X