Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B Visa dropbox before marriage

Hi,

I am planning to utilize the visa dropbox option before marriage as I am eligible for the same.

My wife will attend the interview after marriage. I have two questions on this regard

1. Since I am using the dropbox facility before marriage, if I mention my status as "Single" in my DS160, will it be create a problem for me or my wife because has mentioned it as "Married" in her DS160.

2. Can I have my wife attending the OFC before marriage and then she will take the visa interview after marriage with all the necessary documents, will that work.

Any past experiences or suggestions are welcome.

Thanks
    Kam

Originally posted by kamlesh1987 View Post
    Hi,

I am planning to utilize the visa dropbox option before marriage as I am eligible for the same.

My wife will attend the interview after marriage. I have two questions on this regard

1. Since I am using the dropbox facility before marriage, if I mention my status as "Single" in my DS160, will it be create a problem for me or my wife because has mentioned it as "Married" in her DS160.

2. Can I have my wife attending the OFC before marriage and then she will take the visa interview after marriage with all the necessary documents, will that work.

Any past experiences or suggestions are welcome.

Thanks
    Kam
    1. How did she put "married" in DS160 when she is not. All the information you put in DS160 should be true and valid at the time you submit the form.
    2. Why are you making a simple process complex? Is there a reason as to why she can't do both OFC and interview after marriage? Remember, you are not going to attend OFC with drop box option.
    This is just my opinion, not a legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X