Second Masters and highest education - H1B Stamping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Second Masters and highest education - H1B Stamping

I had come to USA on F-1 visa in 2010. In 2014 my company applied for my H1 visa which did not got picked. My OPT was scheduled to expire in Nov 2014. As I was interested in studies to I started doing my second masters (completed one year) and got my h1b visa from October 2015. I was also working during my second masters with CPT ( allowed as per program as that would be used for the capstone project required for completing the graduation) . So as of now I have taken break from my second masters although I intend to complete it. I am also planning to take transfer from that university to a better one possibly happening before my visa interview although not finalized yet. I have put all the information regarding education including my 2nd masters in DS-160 as required as I was told it’s good to put all information instead of hiding any information for the education details. (Dont know if that is right or wrong)

My question is if asked by VO about my highest education/degree. Should I just tell the person the one I have completed or also tell about my pursuing degree considering they already have that record on my DS-160. I am seriously confused about it and your help would be great

Thanks

This is not very hard.. just be honest with any\all questions asked. You know your own background. Simple!

Comment

Originally posted by daggit View Post
      This is not very hard.. just be honest with any\all questions asked. You know your own background. Simple!
      What if the person ask why r u doing masters etc considering I was doing with CPT and working

Comment

Well if you were 'doing masters', then you ought to know why you did it.. right?

Forum members don't know the reason, the interviewing officer doesn't know the reason. But you do!

Comment

Originally posted by SinghM4 View Post
          I had come to USA on F-1 visa in 2010. In 2014 my company applied for my H1 visa which did not got picked. My OPT was scheduled to expire in Nov 2014. As I was interested in studies to I started doing my second masters (completed one year) and got my h1b visa from October 2015. I was also working during my second masters with CPT ( allowed as per program as that would be used for the capstone project required for completing the graduation) . So as of now I have taken break from my second masters although I intend to complete it. I am also planning to take transfer from that university to a better one possibly happening before my visa interview although not finalized yet. I have put all the information regarding education including my 2nd masters in DS-160 as required as I was told it’s good to put all information instead of hiding any information for the education details. (Dont know if that is right or wrong)

My question is if asked by VO about my highest education/degree. Should I just tell the person the one I have completed or also tell about my pursuing degree considering they already have that record on my DS-160. I am seriously confused about it and your help would be great

Thanks
          Hi Singh,

I'm going to attend h1 interview in couple of days. I did second masters and worked on CPT. how did the visa interview go for you?. I'm confused about the second masters question. Please help

Background
          Second masters (pursuing 4th sem)
          My H1 got approved under consular approval. So I had to book for Visa interview

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X