Name on ticket incorrect

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Name on ticket incorrect

Sorry I'm new so not sure if I'm writing this in the correct bit.
    I've recently booked a return ticket to America from Australia through a booking agency for Virgin Australia. When filling out the booking form it didn't ask for my middle name and with all the excitement I didn't even think about it.
    After booking I received my confirmation and e tickets. But obviously my middle name isn't there; only my forename and surname which are spelt correctly. They have also put me as Mrs for some reason when I'm a miss (again, there was no option for this and in the confirmation it states 'female passengers are automatically booked as Mrs as this is irrelevant).
    I've obviously received this and panicked (actually had a panic attack )and tried to call the agency right away. But they didn't answer.
    I've then called virgin Australia who have confirmed my booking and given me my log in details etc to look at my flight online. I asked them if it matters if my name is how it is and they said really I should get it changed but they can't help and to go through the agent. I've called the agency again and they have said they will try to change it but the airline might say no and won't get a chance to look at it until two weeks before my flight.
    Everyone I've asked has said it doesn't matter but obviously it's a huge risk I'm leaving until the day which is dangerous in my opinion.
    So yeh I'm really, really panicking now and I'm just not sure where I can go from here. The flight cost me $2000 so wasn't overly cheap and I can't afford another one.
    If anyone could help that would be amazing. Thank you so much in advance.
    Loz.

As long as the firstname and surname are spelled correct, you should be fine. If the agent is able to modify the name on the ticket, great, but if not, I wouldn't panic. Are you travelling on a visa or VWP? Surname\firstname and DoB should match the ticket, passport, and visa\vwp.

Comment

Thanks Daggit.
      I'm travelling on the vwp but I haven't applied for that yet. So you think I'll still be able to travel?

Comment

You should be able to.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X