Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L1B interview experience on 12th May 2016

Hello All,

I have attended my L1-B visa interview and the result is approved.

Date of OFC: 10th May 2016
    Location of OFC: Hyderabad
    Date of VISA interview: 12th May 2016
    Location of VISA interview: Chennai
    Slot: 10:30 AM

I am not sharing my OFC experience, i am sharing my interview experience only.

Reached US Embassy in Chennai by 9:40 AM and joined the huge Q outside the embassy. There are some police men who just checked my passport and asked whether i was carrying mobile. I already knew that so did not carry my wallet and mobile phones; (you have a provision outside the embassy to submit the wallet and mobile phone they will take some money and keep it).

It took around 20 minutes of time to reach the entrance, there are some security guys who checked my passport and appointment letter (stamped during OFC) and allowed me to go inside.

Inside there will be a guy who will check our visa type and accordingly he will ask us to keep the required documents in order, though I carried all my documents starting from my schooling till date he just asked me to keep I129, DS160, email confirmation letter these 3 docs of 3 copies and of course passport. So I just kept all other docs apart inside my file, and put these 3 docs in order wise with 3 copies and stapled them; Make sure that you carry 3-4 copies of all your documents.

After crossing this guy, again there is a line to enter into the embassy building. when i entered there were around 100 members waiting outside I joined the Q again. It took again 20 minutes to inside. They will allow 10-10 or 20-20 members inside based on the space available inside the building.

I entered the building followed by a Q again, there again it took 20 minutes where i went to counter#X i have submitted by DD form of visa fee payment and i took the acknowledgement for the same immediately. From there I went to other counter#Y where i have given my passport and appointment letter for verification and also they took my right hand 4 finger prints to just match my finger prints with HYD-OFC.

After this again i entered another Q which is the main Q, here it took again 30 minutes of time; and then my turn came up. There is a person standing who asked me to go to counter#Z; By the time i entered the counter VISA OFFICER(VO) is talking to a Tamil family who are opting for visiting visa i felt. VO was trying to talk to in Tamil with the family and she approved the visa to them;

I then went to the VO and wished her and the conversation was as followed

Me: Good morning Madam!
    VO: Very Good Morning! How are you?
    Me: I am doing good, and submitted those 3 copies and passport to her
    VO: So which company you work for?
    Me: YYYY X
    VO: How much exp you have?
    Me: 6yrs
    VO: Which client you work for in USA?
    Me: YYYY X

All the time she was typing some thing in system while asking question she was looking at me and when i was answering she was typing something.
    Here she took a minute of time and typed something.

VO: What is your role?
    Me: I Just mentioned my designation first, then she looked at me i felt like she was expecting more answer; So i have explained more about my roles which i would do in USA
    VO: How much is your annual salary in USA?
    Me: XXk$
    VO: You will stay in client location or company location?
    Me: Client location, mentioned the place
    VO: How long you will stay in USA?
    Me: i answered that i would stay for 3-6 months first time, but later on based on requirement i need to travel multiple times.
    VO: Does your product is used by other clients?
    Me: My answer was Yes and i mentioned few client names from USA.

She was typing all the time while i was giving answers, and then she took 2 minutes of time and said i am approving your visa, will keep 1 copy of documents and passport with them and passport will be delivered the location which we have mentioned during filling of the visa application form. She added visa stamps on the other 2 sets and returned me those 2 sets. The stamping was for 3 years. I reached the embassy at 9:40 AM and done with my interview by 11:20 AM.

I said thank you and she greeted me with smile!

I have received my passport on 16th May 2016 in Hyderabad location, i went there and collected on the same day.

My observations:-
    i) I felt like experience and any other previous travel to other countries matters.I had 2 country visits with multiple travels.
    ii) Don't prepare too much, just be confident and answer with smile.
    iii) Mainly your specialization matters, you need to thoroughly prepared for this question.
    iv) Reach venue 1 hr. before at least. Don't carry mobile and wallets. wear formal dress.

Please reach me at [email protected], if you want to know more details about my personal experience;

Thanks for sharing your experience

Thanks for sharing your experience.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X