Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L1A To Green Card: Privately Funded Application

Hi,

I am on an L1A visa in the US and have been in US a year. My company are stalling on funding my Green Card application process. Would it be possible to convert the L1A to Green Card myself using an immigration lawyer? What do my company need to do if I fund myself and let them know I am doing this?

Simon

Originally posted by simonhowell View Post
    Hi,

I am on an L1A visa in the US and have been in US a year. My company are stalling on funding my Green Card application process. Would it be possible to convert the L1A to Green Card myself using an immigration lawyer? What do my company need to do if I fund myself and let them know I am doing this?

Simon
    They need to provide you with a permanent job offer. Without that you cannot self apply, unless of course you are some one with extra ordinary ability who does not need an employer to sponsor.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by raghvi View Post
      They need to provide you with a permanent job offer. Without that you cannot self apply, unless of course you are some one with extra ordinary ability who does not need an employer to sponsor.

Not sure I understand. I have been working in US under that visa for 1 year already, so they already offered me a job 1 year ago. How does a new offer change that?

Comment

Originally posted by simonhowell View Post
        Not sure I understand. I have been working in US under that visa for 1 year already, so they already offered me a job 1 year ago. How does a new offer change that?
        The job they offered is temporary in nature. L1/h1 visas are for temporary employment. In order to benefit from a Employee Based permanent visa, a permanent job offer needs to be made and there is a different process for it.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X