Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sponsorship for Siblings ( brother or sister) i-130

Hi,

I am on H-1B visa. initially i came to us on F1 visa. My brother who is US citizen filed i-130 for me in oct 2012 after my graduation. I have been told that i am eligible to file for Adjustment of Status as my brother already filed by i-130 and i have received i-797. My brother can file 1-485 along with i-765 for adjustment of status and i can read on uscis website one can file for adjustment of status if your in US in legal status.

My question is that, is it true or am i eligible to file i-485 along with 1-765 adjustment of status form. Please help me i am confused whether to file or not.

Thanks
    Saleem

Originally posted by Saleem Mohammed View Post
    . I have been told that i am eligible to file for Adjustment of Status as my brother already filed by i-130 and i have received i-797. My brother can file 1-485 along with i-765 for adjustment of status and i can read on uscis website one can file for adjustment of status if your in US in legal status.
    Whoever told you must've forgotten to mention you can adjust status only once your priority date is current. You may want to research things a bit more.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X