Entry into US with K-1 Visa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Entry into US with K-1 Visa

Hey guys and gals. Been lurking for a while and finally decided to create my account to ask this question. I hope someone can help me with this!

I've recently been granted my K-1 visa and am preparing my trip to the US. The thing is, my fiancée has such a hectic schedule that, so far, she's barely been able to plan anything for our wedding. I'm scared that the 90 days will not be enough and that, in the end, we end up either not being able to get married in time or end up settling for something we don't want. We want it to be special, after going through so much.

So, I was wondering... I got my K-1 visa from the embassy in Paris. Could I technically fly out to the US, from Europe, enter it utilizing my ESTA and stay there for, say, 2 months. At this point, I could get a flight out to Canada, spend a couple days there as a mini vacation, and then fly back again to the US and, then, utilize my one entry K-1 visa to make legal entry into the US.

So, in short, could I utilize my European K-1 Visa to legally enter the US from Canada, for example?

Thanks in advance!

Originally posted by fernas View Post
    Hey guys and gals. Been lurking for a while and finally decided to create my account to ask this question. I hope someone can help me with this!

I've recently been granted my K-1 visa and am preparing my trip to the US. The thing is, my fiancée has such a hectic schedule that, so far, she's barely been able to plan anything for our wedding. I'm scared that the 90 days will not be enough and that, in the end, we end up either not being able to get married in time or end up settling for something we don't want. We want it to be special, after going through so much.

So, I was wondering... I got my K-1 visa from the embassy in Paris. Could I technically fly out to the US, from Europe, enter it utilizing my ESTA and stay there for, say, 2 months. At this point, I could get a flight out to Canada, spend a couple days there as a mini vacation, and then fly back again to the US and, then, utilize my one entry K-1 visa to make legal entry into the US.

So, in short, could I utilize my European K-1 Visa to legally enter the US from Canada, for example?

Thanks in advance!
    The last part is the easiest, you can enter the US from anywhere using the K-1. It does not matter if it was issued in Europe and you came in on a flight from Canada. Maybe you have family you visited there. You just have to use the VISA within 6 months.

Entering on your ESTA...... Reading the boards, I have seen this question quite often. What I got from all the replies is that it is a crap shoot. Depending on the CBP officer they may let you through or may require you to use the VISA, no 100% guarantee either way. With some folks, the CBP let them in on the ETSA, never even looked at the VISA, and for others, the VISA was stamped and they now had 90 days.

Your best bet is to have a quiet civil ceremony to get married and then you can stay and help your fiancee plan the big celebration you both want. Church, Reception, Horse drawn carriages, whatever....

Good luck.
    Scott and Annalyn's Journey

April 22, 2016 - Sent I-129F
    April 25, 2016 - Received at Lockbox Facility
    April 28, 2016 - Electronic notification of receipt with case number (NOA1)
    May 6, 2016 - Physical NOA1 received in the mail
    And the waiting begins for NOA2 or RFE

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X