Did interview, B box checked: decision not yet made. Newark office

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did interview, B box checked: decision not yet made. Newark office

What does that mean? The officer said she would approve the case and ask me to come back for oath (because There is cutoff time for oath ceremony. ) Then she also said she needs another office to take a look. The N-652 states decision is not yet made. (Box B). It seems conflicting statement from the officer. Is this normal? Should I worry?

Did you ask her what the problem was that she said another officer has to take a look at it and why decision could not be made?
    Almost always Newark office is same day oath, unless your interview was around 3 PM or later. So if your interview was over before 3 PM, then there may be something else going on..
    Wait for a couple of weeks for the oath notification, if you don't get it by then, make an infopass appointment.
    Application Center: CKGS NY
    OCI
    Feb 3, 2017 -Application Received & Verification Complete
    Feb 6 -'Under Process' at CKGS
    Feb 7 -In-Transit & Under Process at Consulate
    Feb 8 -Govt of India: Date Of Acknowledgment
    -Documents Printing Status: UNDER-PROCESS

RENUNCIATION
    Feb 3,2017 -Application Received & Verification Complete
    Feb 6 -'Under Process' at CKGS
    Feb 7 -In-Transit & Under Process at Consulate
    Feb 8 -'Reviewed' by Consulate and ‘In Transit’ to CKGS

Comment

Originally posted by jenim View Post
      Did you ask her what the problem was that she said another officer has to take a look at it and why decision could not be made?
      Almost always Newark office is same day oath, unless your interview was around 3 PM or later. So if your interview was over before 3 PM, then there may be something else going on..
      Wait for a couple of weeks for the oath notification, if you don't get it by then, make an infopass appointment.
      I waited there for hours, when I was finally called, it was past 3PM. If it was too late for same day ceremony, she could still mark box A: recommend for approval. But Box B was checked instead: decision cannot be made.
      She was not friendly, and made me feel I could not ask any questions.

Comment

Originally posted by orangelover View Post
        I waited there for hours, when I was finally called, it was past 3PM. If it was too late for same day ceremony, she could still mark box A: recommend for approval. But Box B was checked instead: decision cannot be made.
        She was not friendly, and made me feel I could not ask any questions.
        Can you please post your processing timeline? It will be helpful for folks done bio-metrics at Newark NJ.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X