Medical exam prior to interview

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Medical exam prior to interview

Hi, I am the petitioner for my father who is an Australian citizen. He is 87 years old and just received his interview date with the U.S. Embassy in Sydney.

Going through the checklist of items to bring, everything seems to be in order except for the medical exam. Going to the State department website, am I right in seeing that there are only two doctors in all of NSW that can perform the medical exam? That seems to be a little bit ridiculous. Is it really true that in all of NSW with over 7.5 million people, there are only two doctors that can service them?

My father lives about an hour away from the area where both doctors are located (they didn't think to at least spread the doctors apart so that different regions can visit the one closest to them?) and so it's very difficult for him to make a trip out there. Are there other doctors that he could go to?

Also, how far out do we need to schedule the medical exam? It's May now - is it possible to get an exam date in June? The interview date is schedule for July.

Often times the State Dept database is outdated. I suggest asking\emailing the Sydney consulate directly for information.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X