G -325a please help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G -325a please help!

Both my wifes parents have drs and dra listed in front of their names on my wifes birth certificate, and also the English translated copies of that certificate.
    It is a*Dutch academic title (like phd, ba, ect.)*according to the pre-Bachelor–Master*system the female form is 'doctoranda' (abbreviated*dra., though this abbreviation is no longer used) and the male form is drs.
    The degree was used in*Indonesia which is where my wife and her family live and used there*until 1990, where it was given to bachelors in social studies.
    So my question is will that title have to be included on the g-325a when filling in her parents information since those titles appear on those documents?

It's not part of the name, simply an affectation.

My advice, however, is to see what is on their passports, and go with that. If the same on their passports as on the birth certificate, then use it on the G-325A.

--Ray B

Originally posted by Svbummin View Post
    Both my wifes parents have drs and dra listed in front of their names on my wifes birth certificate, and also the English translated copies of that certificate.
    It is a*Dutch academic title (like phd, ba, ect.)*according to the pre-Bachelor–Master*system the female form is 'doctoranda' (abbreviated*dra., though this abbreviation is no longer used) and the male form is drs.
    The degree was used in*Indonesia which is where my wife and her family live and used there*until 1990, where it was given to bachelors in social studies.
    So my question is will that title have to be included on the g-325a when filling in her parents information since those titles appear on those documents?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X