Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Power of Attorney Attestation, can be done over courier or a visit is mandatory ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Power of Attorney Attestation, can be done over courier or a visit is mandatory ?

Hello, I need to get a Power of Attorney document attested with the consulate and want to know if it is possible to get it done by sending the documents in a courier. Or is it mandatory to visit in person ?

Originally posted by kchandan View Post
    Hello, I need to get a Power of Attorney document attested with the consulate and want to know if it is possible to get it done by sending the documents in a courier. Or is it mandatory to visit in person ?
    Not sure if you are still looking for an answer to this question. My understanding is that it can all be done by mail. The steps as I understand them for CGI NY are:

(1) Type up your POA (regular size 8.5 x 11) should be fine.
    (2) Get your signatiure on the POA notarized by a Notary Public
    (3) Get the POA legalized (also known as Apostilled) by the Secretary of State of the state you live in. (Can be done in person or by mail)
    (4) Send the Apostilled POA document to CGINY by mail with an application for Misc Services (Attestation of document) along with: Original Apostilled POA, Copy of Apostilled POA, Notarized Copy of Driver's License, Notarized copy of your US passport, and Notarized copy of your OCI if you have one.

I am not 100% certain if the notarized copy of US passport is sufficient or the original passport should be sent. I am trying to find out. If you know the answer, please post it here.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X