X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• K1 signature help

My fiance lives abroad for now, and im living in the United States
    For the I-129F form, it requires an original signature
    Does that mean she cannot sign the form and scan it over to me?

Does she physically need to print out the form, sign it, then send me the paper via mail?

How can i do this?

please and thank you

Yes, she needs to sign it originally. You and her needs to send some forms. You and her needs to make a letter to marry, send her birth cert to you, and etc. They will not allow scanned documents it needs to be original.

Originally posted by sammont View Post
    my fiance lives abroad for now, and im living in the united states
    for the i-129f form, it requires an original signature
    does that mean she cannot sign the form and scan it over to me?

Does she physically need to print out the form, sign it, then send me the paper via mail?

How can i do this?

Please and thank you

Comment

She doesn't have to sign it now. USCIS will accept it without signature according to USCIS policy as reflected in the Michael Ayates Interoffice Memorandum of November 1, 2015. According to the memo Beneficiary will be able to sign the form at the visa interview. I send application for my fiancé without signature, just make sure you state above memo in cover letter.

Originally posted by SamMont View Post
      My fiance lives abroad for now, and im living in the United States
      For the I-129F form, it requires an original signature
      Does that mean she cannot sign the form and scan it over to me?

How can i do this?

please and thank you

Comment

Thanks for all the info!

Originally posted by deki View Post
        She doesn't have to sign it now. USCIS will accept it without signature according to USCIS policy as reflected in the Michael Ayates Interoffice Memorandum of November 1, 2015. According to the memo Beneficiary will be able to sign the form at the visa interview. I send application for my fiancé without signature, just make sure you state above memo in cover letter.
        Great forum to help from experienced people like you. Thanks

Comment

Signature question

hi guys
          I have a probably dumb question
          Do I have to sign all the documents by hand, I mean wet signature or I can do it using my digital signature, for the two of us?
          We live in Singapore, but we gonna send our documents to her father in America, and then he will send our I-129F.
          We want to save money, so I thought we could just use our digital signature, which is basically our original signature but "digital" or I would say a photo of it.
          So, she is moving back to America in October, and at the same time I will be flying back to Brazil.
          To send the package I guess is fine for her dad to do it for us. We want to save some time in our process since we are studying in Singapore now. So once she get back to America, our process is already happening.

thank you so much

Comment

Mateus,

USCIS has not published any information about acceptance of digital signatures, so I would advise to use original signatures. You can submit directly from Singapore, but with a U.S. bank fee check, by EMS or FedEx. I don't understand why you would incur the extra expense to send to dad for him to submit, but use EMS or a courier service if you do have a reason to have dad submit for you.

--Ray B

Originally posted by Mateus Cristofali View Post
            hi guys
            I have a probably dumb question
            Do I have to sign all the documents by hand, I mean wet signature or I can do it using my digital signature, for the two of us?
            We live in Singapore, but we gonna send our documents to her father in America, and then he will send our I-129F.
            We want to save money, so I thought we could just use our digital signature, which is basically our original signature but "digital" or I would say a photo of it.
            So, she is moving back to America in October, and at the same time I will be flying back to Brazil.
            To send the package I guess is fine for her dad to do it for us. We want to save some time in our process since we are studying in Singapore now. So once she get back to America, our process is already happening.

thank you so much

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X