Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• List of Universities providing day 1 CPT near Chicago

Here is my situation:

I am on F1 OPT which will expire in August 2016 (Non -STEM). I have graduated with Master’s degree in Law 2015. I was not able to file for 2016 H1B because I could not find a sponsor within that time frame. I have found a job now and they are willing to sponsor for 2017 H1B. I want to extend my work status after OPT expiration since my work status expires in August 2016.

I was thinking about admission in a school which provides CPT (day1) option by taking admission in any such school post August 2016. (During my course in law school, I had taken 1 summer semester CPT before my OPT began. Also are we allowed to take another CPT when enrolled in another course altogether?)

I want to confirm with you if this is a legitimate procedure to continue status and work and if there are any hidden clause I should be aware of. If not can I get a list of schools? Also would you please give some advice as such if there are any OTHER options which I can pursue to keep working after August 2016 and maintain my status legally?

Thanks a lot for your time, looking forward for your response.

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X