Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 221g White Slip H1B - Administrative Processing - Mumbai

Background Info:
    - Worked in US on H1B for first time from Nov 2002 - May 2003 for big 5 consulting firm
    - Went back for another company in May 2007 and stay until Jun 2016 (9 years)
    - Switched jobs in 2009 and since then have been employed with same US employer for last 7 years (Technology Consulting & Professional Services). Employer is a reputed company with 5000+ staff (not a body shop).

Family: My wife and daughter accompanied me to US on H4 in 2007. My son was born in US (6 years old) and is US citizen.

US Consulate: Mumbai
    Current Case Status: Administrative Processing
    Visa Category: H1B (post 6 year with I140 approved)
    VAC Appointment Date: 06 Jun 2016
    Interview Date: 08 Jun 2016
    CEAC Case Creation Date: 07 Jun 2016
    CEAC First Status Update Date: 08 Jun 2016 (Administrative Processing)
    CEAC Second Status Update Date: 10 Jun 2016 (Administrative Processing)

I had requested for urgent Interview Appointment due return travel booked on 30 Jun 2016 and since my employer needs me back in July. The request was approved by US consulate and that's how I got to interview on 8 Jun 2016 instead of 14 July 2016 (earlier scheduled date).

I received a 221g with white slip and was informed to wait until the Additional Administrative Processing is completed. No documents asked and passport returned at the time of interview.

I have not informed my manager yet. I can't even count the number of issues I would face if this thing spills over to July. I have a house, 2 cars and all my belongings stuck in US. Any advice on next of course of action? Very stressed right now.

White slip

Do you have any update on your case? I have got a 221g white slip recently. If you could provide me an update, I will some idea and it will be really helpful to me

Comment

No change in status yet. It still shows Admin Processing on CEAC site. The status updated dates have changed couple of more times since my last post (13 Jun & 16 Jun). Not sure what to make out of it.

Originally posted by anuragreddy View Post
      Do you have any update on your case? I have got a 221g white slip recently. If you could provide me an update, I will some idea and it will be really helpful to me

Comment

Update

Received an email from support @ USTravelDocs to submit passport on last Friday afternoon (June 24). The inquiry case resulting in 221g has been closed. Promptly submitted passports the next Monday morning (June 27). Since then, I haven't received any email for pick-up or any other update. The CEAC site still shows Administrative Processing with latest status update date of June 28 (a day after I submitted passports). The passport tracker on consulate site indicate that the passports are still with consulate (as of today June 30).

Not sure what's going on. Already had to reschedule my travel once. Any idea how long it takes to receive the passports back after the final processing is complete?

Comment

Visa Issued

Finally the CEAC site shows "Issued" status. Now waiting for email to collect the passport.

Comment

Received email to collect passports. Finally, there is some relief.

Comment

Hey I have been in administrative processing for a month. I got an email asking to submit passport and travel date/information. I am confused about what they mean by travel information. Am I supposed to book a hotel/flight and share that information with them. I am confused because I thought we aren't supposed to be making any travel plans until the visa has been stamped. Any help what they mean will be very appreciated?

Comment

In my case, I was visiting India for vacation and so had the return travel to US already booked. If you have not booked your travel, I suggest you wait until your 221g is cleared. There is no way to predict when the consulate will issue the visa. I had to reschedule my travel once and then just couple of days before I was rescheduled to travel, I received my passport with visa. If the whole process would have taken few days more, I would have to spend another few hundred $ for changing flights again.

The best thing to do in your case is to send your passports and let them know when you are planning to travel (due to employment or any other reasons). Make it clear that you haven't booked your flights or accommodation yet, but the sooner your case is resolved, you can then work on that. Whether you have booked flight tickets or not shouldn't make any difference. If you have already received an email requesting for passport then you should get your visa within a week after you submit your passport. Again, I am no expert in this matter. I am just trying to help based on my personal experience. Hopefully, things will work out for you soon.

Originally posted by temp1 View Post
                Hey I have been in administrative processing for a month. I got an email asking to submit passport and travel date/information. I am confused about what they mean by travel information. Am I supposed to book a hotel/flight and share that information with them. I am confused because I thought we aren't supposed to be making any travel plans until the visa has been stamped. Any help what they mean will be very appreciated?

Comment

Originally posted by xaanaadoo View Post
                  In my case, I was visiting India for vacation and so had the return travel to US already booked. If you have not booked your travel, I suggest you wait until your 221g is cleared. There is no way to predict when the consulate will issue the visa. I had to reschedule my travel once and then just couple of days before I was rescheduled to travel, I received my passport with visa. If the whole process would have taken few days more, I would have to spend another few hundred $ for changing flights again.

The best thing to do in your case is to send your passports and let them know when you are planning to travel (due to employment or any other reasons). Make it clear that you haven't booked your flights or accommodation yet, but the sooner your case is resolved, you can then work on that. Whether you have booked flight tickets or not shouldn't make any difference. If you have already received an email requesting for passport then you should get your visa within a week after you submit your passport. Again, I am no expert in this matter. I am just trying to help based on my personal experience. Hopefully, things will work out for you soon.
                  thanks a lot for your help !

Comment

221 g case number

Originally posted by temp1 View Post
                    thanks a lot for your help !
                    Hi,

I was given white slip with 10 digit case number. When i was checking the status in status tracker saying that invalid case number or application id . Where can i see my status or is it correct case number

Comment

White Slip in Dropbox: New Delhi

Originally posted by uskk View Post
                      Hi,

I was given white slip with 10 digit case number. When i was checking the status in status tracker saying that invalid case number or application id . Where can i see my status or is it correct case number
                      Hello!

I was very happy that Dropbox went without glitches as they accepted all my documents and the whole process barely took 10 minutes!
                      But the story wasn't done, as yet.
                      After wasting 10 crucial days of my trip, I got my passport back today with a white slip which is very ambiguous. The case number is 12 digits long.
                      It says: I need fingerprints , interview and a new petition (hand written in "Other" petition) ! I have no idea what the last one means. It asks me to NOT book any appointment and go to the consulate any day before 10 AM. There are no instructions or details of what they want me to carry except the passport and that white slip.

If anyone has any insights on this, please let me know. I am perplexed and scared as I have been working in this company on this H1B for 2 years and have traveled twice before on my previous stamping (by old employer) which still was valid for another month.

Looking forward to your help.

Regards

Comment

221 g in Dropbox

Hello all

Sorry for a late update.

As I have previously stated, I went for dropbox on the 13th of February and it went fine. But on the 23rd, when the passport got back, it had the 221g (White Slip) attached to it, with a hand written "New Petition" instruction on it.

I rushed to New Delhi consulate the very next morning and appeared for an interview. The interview was a formality and my visa was approved. I have been working on my current I-797, in my current company for almost 2 years but my stamping (still valid) was of my previous employer. I guess (like someone previously on this thread) that was the confusion and so they issued me the 221g. There was no problem with the dropbox program I believe.

Anyways, it took another 4 days for my passport to come back and I had re-schedule my ticket. But now I am back and its all well.

Good luck to everyone.

Thanks and Regards

PM

Comment

I got email from support @ USTravelDocs, how to submit passport

Originally posted by xaanaadoo View Post
                          Received an email from support @ USTravelDocs to submit passport on last Friday afternoon (June 24). The inquiry case resulting in 221g has been closed. Promptly submitted passports the next Monday morning (June 27). Since then, I haven't received any email for pick-up or any other update. The CEAC site still shows Administrative Processing with latest status update date of June 28 (a day after I submitted passports). The passport tracker on consulate site indicate that the passports are still with consulate (as of today June 30).

Not sure what's going on. Already had to reschedule my travel once. Any idea how long it takes to receive the passports back after the final processing is complete?
                          I have got email from support @ USTravelDocs "We are ready for final processing. Please submit your passport, pending letter to the Consulate General via any of the 11 document delivery locations." i have confusion which document they need and how to submit passport. what i go personally or submit in courier. right now i am at Gujarat.

Comment

Originally posted by uskk View Post
                            Hi,

hello,

I am in the same boat,
                            could you please let me know if your Visa has been issued ?? if yes ... how long it took..

Comment

Originally posted by prahaar7 View Post
                              hello,

I am in the same boat,
                              could you please let me know if your Visa has been issued ?? if yes ... how long it took..
                              Hi Prahaar, did you get the stamp? If yes, how long did it take? I am having the same issue

Thanks

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                              X