Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Medical insurance for couple - MA state

Hello,

I'm new to USA. My employer is very small not providing me insurance. And we are planning for kids in next 6 months.

Any insurance plan to cover ? Health connector / Obama care ?

thanks.

I am on H1B visa and my wife on H4 ( dependent visa ).

Comment

Domestic Insurance

Originally posted by Vijay23 View Post
      Hello,

I'm new to USA. My employer is very small not providing me insurance. And we are planning for kids in next 6 months.

Any insurance plan to cover ? Health connector / Obama care ?

thanks.
      Depending on your ages and the amount of time that has passed since your entry to the US, you and your wife may be able to get an Obamacare plan and that will cover for childbirth. If you are not eligible for one of these plans then you can still get a short-term plan, however, this plan will not cover childbirth.

If you have to buy a short-term plan, then you can purchase one and keep it for the remainder of the year until open enrollment, when you can sign up for an Obamacare plan, and that would begin Jan 1 at the earliest. You can keep the short term plan until the end of the year or keep it until your able to take your employer insurance, whichever comes first.

This is not professional advice. Please contact 866 INSUBUY for professional advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X