Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

wrong information in the DS-2019. The sponsor can't make correction now. ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wrong information in the DS-2019. The sponsor can't make correction now. ???

A little bit complicated.
    I was in the US last summer under J1 (summer/work/travel), only three months. Both my DS-2019 and visa indicated that I am not subject to the two-year residence requirement. Now I am under the H visa in the US.
    I just noticed that the citizenship country and the Legal Permanent Residency Country were mistaken as Thailand in my DS-2019 since I was studying in the Thailand at that time. I am not either a Thailand citizen or a permanent resident of Thailand. Other information is correct, including the country of birth.
    I got my J1 visa stamped in Thailand. After I finished my J1 program last summer, I went back to Thailand, finished my study and applied for H visa in Thailand as well.
    I contacted my J1 sponsor and they can't make any correction now since I already completed my program.
    I plan to get an advisory opinion about the two-year residence requirement from Department of State for the future green card application.
    But how can I do it with a wrong DS-2019? Can anyone help me here?
    Thanks a lot!

Can Anyone help me here?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X