Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GC is valid only if i enter US with father, but he is ill, pls help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GC is valid only if i enter US with father, but he is ill, pls help!

Hello everyone,

My grandmother is a US citizen, she petitioned for a family-based visa for her son (my dad) and his family (my mom and I).
    after many many months of bureaucracy and money we finally got the visa and are planning to move to the US next month.
    as soon as we enter the US our visas become green cards.
    unfortunately my father has become ill recently and the doctors recommended him to not fly.
    on my visa it is written that i most be accompanied by my father when i enter the US for the 1st time.
    but if he is not able to fly, then we cant go.
    what can i do?? can i somehow get authorization to go without him? i dont want to give up on my visa!
    please someone help us!

Green card before or after a divorce

Hello Everyone

I married an american in 2011 (married in USA because we both travel a lot, so, we had a house in usa and anohter in Brazil) with the intentions to live in Brazil never in USA. In 2015 I lost my job in Brazil and decide to came live with him in USA, as soon as I arrived we conclude that was a mistake our marriage, we believe that just works because we never live together for a long time, since both always traveled a lot (we don't have children), so, we decided to get divorced (will be better for we both). Question: If I divorce him, the fact of staying married for almost 5 years doesn't give me the right to live in USA, right? I don't have my american documents yet and can't do it because for the adjustment of status require his tax return forms and he doesn't file tax for 5 years, so, to do it now probably will have a lot of penalties and we can't afford it. I have a proposal for working in USA but I can't without documents. Any hope for me without have to return to Brazil?

Tks in advance for any help

Vivi

Comment

Originally posted by AnnaRS View Post
      Hello everyone,

My grandmother is a US citizen, she petitioned for a family-based visa for her son (my dad) and his family (my mom and I).
      after many many months of bureaucracy and money we finally got the visa and are planning to move to the US next month.
      as soon as we enter the US our visas become green cards.
      unfortunately my father has become ill recently and the doctors recommended him to not fly.
      on my visa it is written that i most be accompanied by my father when i enter the US for the 1st time.
      but if he is not able to fly, then we cant go.
      what can i do?? can i somehow get authorization to go without him? i dont want to give up on my visa!
      please someone help us!
      Your father as the principal beneficiary must enter the US first. If he can not fly to the US, then you can not fly to the US. There is no way around this.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by viviane View Post
      Hello Everyone

I married an american in 2011 (married in USA because we both travel a lot, so, we had a house in usa and anohter in Brazil) with the intentions to live in Brazil never in USA. In 2015 I lost my job in Brazil and decide to came live with him in USA, as soon as I arrived we conclude that was a mistake our marriage, we believe that just works because we never live together for a long time, since both always traveled a lot (we don't have children), so, we decided to get divorced (will be better for we both). Question: If I divorce him, the fact of staying married for almost 5 years doesn't give me the right to live in USA, right? I don't have my american documents yet and can't do it because for the adjustment of status require his tax return forms and he doesn't file tax for 5 years, so, to do it now probably will have a lot of penalties and we can't afford it. I have a proposal for working in USA but I can't without documents. Any hope for me without have to return to Brazil?

Tks in advance for any help

Vivi
      Sorry, but you have to return to Brazil.

Marriage to a USC does not entitle a foreign spouse to live in the US.

To get a green card through your husband, you must prove that you have an ongoing marriage that's bona fide. With a divorce, there is no bona fide marriage.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X