Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B Transfer

Hi ,

I have a H1B stamped from Employer A. I have never traveled to USA using the same. Due to some concerns I will have to resign and join Employer B.
    Employer B is ready to transfer my H1B.

Below are my concerns

1- Can Employer A revoke/cancel my visa
    2- If yes what impact will it have when Employer B tries to transfer
    3- What are the timelines and fees for transfer

Originally posted by ssatapat View Post
    Hi ,

I have a H1B stamped from Employer A. I have never traveled to USA using the same. Due to some concerns I will have to resign and join Employer B.
    Employer B is ready to transfer my H1B.

Below are my concerns

1- Can Employer A revoke/cancel my visa
    2- If yes what impact will it have when Employer B tries to transfer
    3- What are the timelines and fees for transfer
    1. They can only revoke their petition, they cannot physically cancel the visa in your passport.
    2. No impact to you. Do keep copies of the I797 approval notice .
    3. B can file cap exempt petition using the copy of I797. It can take 2-4 weeks for their own petition to approve , if done in premium, if done under normal processing can take 2-4 months. Provided no RFEs. As for cost it depends on their legal costs, can range from few hundreds to thousands. You should not be paying those as it's illegal to do so.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

H1 transfer

I am also with same confusion

I am having valid H1 and visa stamped with with validity 3 yrs for empyer A . But till now not travelled to USA.

Now i have an oppurtunity from another Emoloyer B in USA and they told me they will do my H1 transfer in premium.

Please suggest whethee i can travel to usa with the h1 transfer and petition of employer B with Emoloyer A visa?

Or i need to go for visa stamping again?

My emoloyer B is saying that i need not ho for stamping again. I can travel with the employer B visa . Please let me know is that true?

Or please give me the best suggestions

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X