Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Naming issue in DS260 & Passport

Hi All,

I had applied for immigration and submitted my Ds260 form.
    In my earlier passport given name was "Karan Arora" and Surname was empty so in my DS260 form I had filled as
    Given Name: "Karan Arora"
    Surname: FNU

I got my passport updated (update to addresss) and it has the name as:
    Given name: Karan
    Surnames: Arora

Now will this be an issue as the names filled in DS260 and passport are different.
    If so then what should I do now?

Would appreciate your inputs on this.

Hi Karan,

I am in the same problem. I have already applied for DS260 form and it got approved. Now i noticed that i have middle name issue on my passport which i want to remove. Don't know if i should apply for name correction or not..

Comment

ANyone?

Comment

Originally posted by mazhar19 View Post
        Hi Karan,

I am in the same problem. I have already applied for DS260 form and it got approved. Now i noticed that i have middle name issue on my passport which i want to remove. Don't know if i should apply for name correction or not..
        Let me know how you are proceeding.
        I might check with NVC

Comment

My Aunt's DS-260 has a similar issue and a NVC rep said basically said it didn't matter. That they can't keep up with all the ways different cultures type out first and last names. When in doubt they use FNU or First Name Unavailable, something that is very common and not to worry about.

My solution was to mention their error in my cover letters sent with the civil documents and should be fixed...

Comment

Originally posted by apatel92 View Post
            My Aunt's DS-260 has a similar issue and a NVC rep said basically said it didn't matter. That they can't keep up with all the ways different cultures type out first and last names. When in doubt they use FNU or First Name Unavailable, something that is very common and not to worry about.

My solution was to mention their error in my cover letters sent with the civil documents and should be fixed...
            hey , I'm also facing the same situation i.e. FNU

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X