Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B1/B2 - Business or Tourist

Hello,

My company had applied for a B1/B2 VISA for business travel. The VISA is approved. However, The visit has been postponed.

I want to travel to USA to be there for my nephew's 1st Birthday?

If i can a letter from my sister who is a Green Card Holder. Can i use the VISA my company got me to visit US for a period of 1 month?

Is this allowed?

same question

Originally posted by rsv View Post
    Hello,

My company had applied for a B1/B2 VISA for business travel. The VISA is approved. However, The visit has been postponed.

I want to travel to USA to be there for my nephew's 1st Birthday?

If i can a letter from my sister who is a Green Card Holder. Can i use the VISA my company got me to visit US for a period of 1 month?

Is this allowed?
    Hi,
    Have you mentioned the details about your family in the DS-160 while applying?

Comment

Originally posted by Varun Gupta View Post
      Hi,
      You should not lie on the ds160 and disclose details regarding family members already present in US.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

B1/B2 interview

Hi all,

Im Mark from Singapore. I have made interview appointment this coming Tuesday, Please help some advice.

I have been in Singapore since 2010.

Im Assistant operation manager - $2800sgd a month 27yrs old.

$33000 annual salary.

My purpose to travel to US is to visit my childhood friend and to do some homework regarding the indoor go karting.

Please help me advice how im going to do.

Thanks guys

cheers

Comment

Originally posted by Varun Gupta View Post
          Hi,
          Yes i have!

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by raghvi View Post
          You should not lie on the ds160 and disclose details regarding family members already present in US.

This is my opinion not legal advice.
          Did i ask you for your opinion. Do you know the facts? If you don't know any details - just ask.

Why are you jumping into conclusion and advising me on something which does not even exist.

If you don't know something - don't comment or ask for clarification.

Please refrain from commenting and adding to the noise without understanding or knowing any details.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by kramyar View Post
          Hi all,

Im Mark from Singapore. I have made interview appointment this coming Tuesday, Please help some advice.

I have been in Singapore since 2010.

Im Assistant operation manager - $2800sgd a month 27yrs old.

$33000 annual salary.

My purpose to travel to US is to visit my childhood friend and to do some homework regarding the indoor go karting.

Please help me advice how im going to do.

Thanks guys

cheers
          Hey, i don't know how it goes. Just tell the truth and answer to the point to the visa officers questions.
          Make sure, you have supporting documents - for example letter from the gokarting company or an invite from a friend.

Indoor go karting might not be a good enough reason for the visa to be approved.
          However, this varies from country to country.

all the best!

Comment

Did i ask you for your opinion. Do you know the facts? If you don't know any details - just ask.

Why are you jumping into conclusion and advising me on something which does not even exist.

If you don't know something - don't comment or ask for clarification.

Please refrain from commenting and adding to the noise without understanding or knowing any details.
            You may wish to take a step back.. and calm down a bit.
            You asked a question and a senior member on the forum responded to it. raghvi's post was a factual statement.

Hey, i don't know how it goes. Just tell the truth and answer to the point to the visa officers questions.
            You could follow your own advice and, in your own words, '..If you don't know something - don't comment..'.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X