Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Complex H1B issue - Stuck in H1b amendment and travel outside of USA is required

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Complex H1B issue - Stuck in H1b amendment and travel outside of USA is required

Issue:
    Need to travel to India for my wedding on August 28th but H1b amendment is pending with a background check delaying the process.

Current status:
    Valid H1b with I797 upto January 31st 2018 which was approved in 2015 January ( Location transfer and extension )
    Visa stamp expires on August 31st 2016 ( The first 3 years stamp )
    H1b amendment in process ( in addition to the approved H1b due to another location change with in the same MSA.
    Havent changed employers since 2013 the start of my H1b and the travel to India is compulsory.

Question:
    Can I get my visa extended using my I797 which is valid upto 2018 during since its a drop box extension ? Is my reentry in jeopardy because of a pending H1B amendment ?

Did you get visa stamping?

Hey there! Firstly congrats on your wedding. Did you go for visa stamping and did you get it? I am in similar situation with regards to my visa and stuck in administrative processing for 3 weeks. Please help advise you details- might help me calm down if nothing else.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X