Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm US citizen and Fiancé has student visa

Hello everyone,

My fiancé and I are planning to get married in Arizona in September. He has student visa and entered the US about a year ago. I am US citizen and I don't know what to do to change his status after we get married. Can someone give me tips and steps to take to handle this smoothly. We're having small ceremony at our local mosque. Do I get the marriage license from the person officiating the marriage or at city hall? Please help!
    Last edited by Lulu30; 06-24-2016, 03:37 PM.

If his visa is F-1, you submit an I-130 and I-485 at same time.

--Ray B

Originally posted by Lulu30 View Post
    Hello everyone,

My fiancé and I are planning to get married in Arizona in September. He has student visa and entered the US about a year ago. I am US citizen and I don't know what to do to change his status after we get married. Can someone give me tips and steps to take to handle this smoothly. We're having small ceremony at our local mosque. Do I get the marriage license from the person officiating the marriage or at city hall? Please help!

Comment

Originally posted by Lulu30 View Post
      Hello everyone,

The first step is to registered your marriage in court before clergy officiated your wedding. The time for clergy man to officiate will be stated in ur marriage license to be given in court. Go to nearest court to request for procedure. That's necessary.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X