Sibling Petition for Family Greencard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sibling Petition for Family Greencard

I am 24 years old with DACA status. My younger sibling is an U.S. citizen (just turned 21) and my parents are not citizens and undocumented.

I heard it was possible for my sibling to petition for my parents but is there an option for my sibling to petition for me as well?

My cousins (US marines)/aunt/uncle are all U.S. citizens, is there any option in obtaining a green card from those relatives?

Originally posted by Min Park View Post
    I am 24 years old with DACA status. My younger sibling is an U.S. citizen (just turned 21) and my parents are not citizens and undocumented.

I heard it was possible for my sibling to petition for my parents but is there an option for my sibling to petition for me as well?

My cousins (US marines)/aunt/uncle are all U.S. citizens, is there any option in obtaining a green card from those relatives?
    ur sister can petition for u and her parents but she have to proof that she can financially take care of u. it will take a couple years to be approve

Comment

Hi, my brother is an U.S. citizen, I've read here: http://www.immihelp.com/forum/showth...her-time-lines
      that it takes 12 years. Are you saying that there is a shorter way to get the green card?

Originally posted by iuy87 View Post
      ur sister can petition for u and her parents but she have to proof that she can financially take care of u. it will take a couple years to be approve

Comment

Originally posted by trebor View Post
        Hi, my brother is an U.S. citizen, I've read here: http://www.immihelp.com/forum/showth...her-time-lines
        that it takes 12 years. Are you saying that there is a shorter way to get the green card?
        u can get through ur employer, depending on ur degree level and experience. the fastest way is through marrying a us citizen.

Comment

Originally posted by trebor View Post

There is no shorter way through your brother. It's 12 years.

A shorter way would mean that you qualify for a green card based on some other means.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Min Park View Post

Your sister can file for you. However, filing the I-130 does not give you any immigration benefit. It's 12-13 years for a visa. Under current law, you would need to leave the US to interview for a visa. The visa will be denied since you stayed more than a year in the US after age 18 and would be subject to an automatic 10 year ban. It would take 10 years before you can come back.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X