Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I-485 marriage based adjustment of status

Hi.
    I went for my first interview in Dallas Texas 2013. After the interview we were given a notice that read,"Your case needs further review etc". A few months on we attended a second interview in which we were separated.In my opinion it went well. Again nothing concrete was said after the interview but,"we will get back to you."

In 2014 exactly one year to date of our last interview USCIS officers visited our home unexpectedly. Unfortunately, I was out at work but my wife was home. They came in and again asked her a series of questions. They inspected our bedroom and bathroom. They eventually left and said we would hear from them. To datewe have not received any form of communication whatsoever and my case status on the USCIS site still shows our first interview date of 2013. We have made numerous calls to no avail. My EAD card continues to be renewed though. It is exactly 3 years today since our interview. I'm living in limbo.

Can anyone with a similar situation please advise.

Hi,
    your case is really unique. I would recommend you to hire good lawyer who knows officer at your application office and push them to make a decision or you can reach ombudsman or congressmen. I'm almost in the same boat as you are, had my interview almost 3 month ago, went to infopass and still nothing.
    Anyway good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by mika84 View Post
      Hi,
      your case is really unique. I would recommend you to hire good lawyer who knows officer at your application office and push them to make a decision or you can reach ombudsman or congressmen. I'm almost in the same boat as you are, had my interview almost 3 month ago, went to infopass and still nothing.
      Anyway good luck!
      Thank you for you response. You suggested I "reach ombudsman or congressmen." Can anyone who has taken either route please share how you went about it, particularly the congressman and whether or not you prevailed... Thanks

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X