Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 6 month Visa

Hi there
    My Brother has his green card and is married to a US citizen - they would like my 20 year old Daughter to go over and spend 6 month or so with them - can they sponsor her in any way ? how can she get to stay in the states for more than 90 days?

'Sponsor' her for what? ..How long does she plan on being in the US? ..What does she do that allows her so much time off?

Comment

Originally posted by GAJLt3 View Post
      Hi there
      My Brother has his green card and is married to a US citizen - they would like my 20 year old Daughter to go over and spend 6 month or so with them - can they sponsor her in any way ? how can she get to stay in the states for more than 90 days?
      If she visits on a regular vistors visa, she will have to extend her visit through the appropriate channels, if that is an option anyways. Sponsoring is not even considered to be an option on a visitors visa. Overstaying the visitors visa can result in a ban to come back to the USA for several years. Contact the US Embassy in the country she is leaving from and ask them if it is possible to stay longer and what route needs to be taken to do so! Good luck!!

Comment

Originally posted by BeeBee6 View Post
        . Contact the US Embassy in the country she is leaving from and ask them if it is possible to stay longer
        Length of stay is determined by the CBP at entry; the US embassy has absolutely no say in admittance to the US.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X