Advance Parole

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advance Parole

My K1 VISA has now been approved.... hooorraaayyyy!!!

I believe that once we're married I need to fill in forms
    I-485 Fee: $1070
    I-765 Fee: $380
    Advance Parole (I-131) Fee: $360
    And that I can post all the forms at the same time to the same address.

However, when I was last in NJ I didn't get a Marriage license as we thought we might be moving to Tampa when I did come there to get married, so we held off on that (Might not have been able to get one anyway with me not being a resident).

My Understanding is that in NJ it takes 72 hours for a license to be issued after which we can go before a judge and get married, in NY you can apply online, show up to complete it and be granted the license that day, but can't marry that day without a judicial waiver.
    I still have affairs to settle here (Sell my house etc) and want to find a job there first (or try to) before moving permanently, so need advance parole.

1: How realistic (assuming some steps can be done in advance) would it be to go to the US and in a 2 week period, get a license, get married, post the forms, do the biometrics and return to the UK at the end of the 2-3 weeks, without my AOS being considered abandoned? I undeerstand also that I need the Advance Parole both to leave and re-enter.

I really don't want to go out to the US, even though my future wife could support me, without either a job or several interviews lined up.

Advance Parole

Concurrent filing: Total is 1490$.
    Which includes I-485 with Biometrics/ I-130/ I-785/I-131.. You can one check for all amount.

You don't have to pay anything extra for Advance parole I-131..!

Comment

Thanks, I realise I got it wrong too.
      The forms should be:-

I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status
      I-765, Application for Employment Authorization (And not as I had suggested Advanced Parole)
      I-131, Application for Travel Document

Use this form to apply for lawful permanent resident status if you are in the United States.

<QUOTE>
      Filing Forms I-765 and I-131 with Form I-485

Please note that, if you file Form I-485 to adjust your status as a permanent resident on or after July 30, 2007, no additional fee is required to also file an application for employment authorization on Form I-765 and/or advance parole on Form I-131.
      </QUOTE>
      For my age group that seems to suggest I just pay $1,070, can I ask how you broke down your costs.

Also it's been suggested that I can't leave the country while my I-131 is pending and that this can take some time, is this true?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X