India F4 Retrogression/ Filing Application Date

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• India F4 Retrogression/ Filing Application Date

Hi, I'm hoping someone can help lessen my guilt! My uncle's family has a PD date of Dec 2003 and we received the "Welcome to NVC" letter in October 2015.

The priority date was only current thru Feb 2003 but b/c of the new "Filing Application Date" instated by the government, we received the welcome letter.

Unfortunately, I did not start any of the application process until April 2016 and still screwed up the final submission. (Stilling working on that!)

While all this was ongoing, the F4 category for India has retrogressed back to Jan 2001 from June 2016. The May visa bulletin showed the latest current PD for India F4 to be July 22 2003. Meaning before retrogression, my uncle's PD was not applicable for visa, correct?

In short, had I started the application process (DS-260/ I-847/AOS/fees) and successful completed all of it, was there a chance of my uncle and his family already being here in the US? Or without retrogression, would we still had to wait for his PD to become current?

I hope this all makes sense and someone can answer this! It be a huge load off my shoulder's knowing that I didn't ruin my cousins' lives and help me face my mom and uncle

Hi,

According to USCIS website the f4 category is on hold up to end of Sep 2016 - on October 2016 new date will be arrive when earlier was stop around jun 2003. According to your uncle priority date it will take minimum 6 to 12 months.

but your uncle will definitely get visa if all the forms and sponsor are accurate.

Comment

Originally posted by jjp View Post
      Hi,

According to USCIS website the f4 category is on hold up to end of Sep 2016 - on October 2016 new date will be arrive when earlier was stop around jun 2003. According to your uncle priority date it will take minimum 6 to 12 months.

but your uncle will definitely get visa if all the forms and sponsor are accurate.
      Thank you for responding! I understand that with F4 retrogression it will take quite a bit longer now but I'm wondering if they could have already received their visas.

Oh, I do hope you are correct in that visas will restart from the July 2003 priority date and not January 2001!

Maybe I could be clearer in my question: before the June Retrogression, the Final Action Date for F4 India had only reached July 2003. His PD is Dec 2003, so his PD had never been current...

Thus, could he have been interviewed and/or given a US visa if I had successfully completed the NVC process (Steps 1 - Steps 6) by January 2016? TIA!

Comment

I am in same situtaion.....my aunt filed for my family under F4 category on 16 dec 2002. we have interview on 26 may 2016 but my mother is PRINCIPAL APPLICANT and she did not passed in medical examination and she have to undergo with sputum test.
        my mother is not allowed to enter US consulate office and we (me,father,brother) have attened interview but they did not take interview without my mother (PRINCIPAL APPLICANT).
        they told when we recived the medical examination report of my mother then you have to schedule interview date.

Now F4 category date is retrogress to 01 Jan 2001 so we have to wait for Octomber month visa bulletin... at that time USCIS will provide new visa for F4 category........there is no chance before Octomber month for Visa Interview

Comment

If their PD was not current it would not have helped the process.
          We are on the f4 category, our PD was March 2003, had to do an adjustment of status as we were already in the country on another visa, we finished our interview in june 2016, the officer said we would receive the GC in 2 to 3 weeks. when we did not receive the GC we found out about the retrogression.Because of which our PD was no longer current and we would not get the GC until it became current again in October 2016 or thereafter.
          So rest assured that as long as their date doesn't become current they will not get the GC. We had received our welcome letter in May 2015 and could only file for Adjustment of status after the date became current. Guessing it works on the same criteria for consular processing.
          At this point work on getting all the paperwork together so there is no delay once the date becomes current.
          Hope this helped you!!!

Comment

Thank you for reply....!!!!!

Comment

Retrogression & PCC

Originally posted by jjp View Post
              Hi,

Hello, can anyone Help me out!
              I have a Priority date of october 2003, i have completed my all Step 1-6 and received my 60 days letter in february 2016.As it got retrogressed when can my Priority date be current? Until when does this Retrogression continues?and even i have a PCC expiry date in october 2016 and should i take out my PCC again as i"ll be completing one year
              Kindly Reply.
              Last edited by Roha Shaikh; 08-08-2016, 01:37 AM.

Comment

Hi

Originally posted by Roha Shaikh View Post
                I have a Priority date of october 2003, i have completed my all Step 1-6 and received my 60 days letter in february 2016.As it got retrogressed when can my Priority date be current? Until when does this Retrogression continues?and even i have a PCC expiry date in october 2016 and should i take out my PCC again as i"ll be completing one year
                Kindly Reply.
                U didn't mention here which category r u in? but,If u r in F4 Category, your priority date is October 2003 hopefully will be current between December 2016 - February 2017 and u should get new PPC as soon as after current one expired.

Comment

Originally posted by J21patel View Post
                  U didn't mention here which category r u in? but,If u r in F4 Category, your priority date is October 2003 hopefully will be current between December 2016 - February 2017 and u should get new PPC as soon as after current one expired.

I have a Priority date of January 2004, i have completed my all Step 1-6 and received my 60 days letter in july 2016. when can my Priority date be current?

Kindly Reply.

Comment

Originally posted by meetmoney View Post
                    I have a Priority date of January 2004, i have completed my all Step 1-6 and received my 60 days letter in july 2016. when can my Priority date be current?

Kindly Reply.
                    Sorry my case is in F4 category.

Comment

Originally posted by meetmoney View Post
                      Sorry my case is in F4 category.
                      January which date? My PD is 20th Jan 2004. We can't predict the movement but hopefully by 2018 June we must get the IL

Comment

OK, So I am a little confused as I am reading that some people are sending in their visa instructions along with DS260 and other necesarry information PRIOR to scheduling an appointment for the intwerview. In our visa instruction package it clearly says that the package should contain confirmation of CSC apointment, confirmation of paid fee and postal office for the pick up location . So I am confused if we should send all other documents in except for interview appointment date since we can't get one yet

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                        X